Despite the very different reviews we choose to stay in this hotel. After an almost two weeks during roundtrip through Morocco we were looking for a relaxing place with a large swimming pool for the children .
After reading a lot of reviews we were a little bit worried how the hotel really would be...
We have been there and we really don't understand some (very) negative reviews!!!!
We were staying in a bungalow. Our whole bungalow was on one level (some bungalows have two levels). The bungalow had an own private garden and this garden had a direct connection to the gardens and outdoor pool of the hotel. The bungalow was huge (with marble floor):
- one huge master bedroom with a very large bed with good mattresses (it was more a 3 persons bed!)
- two single sofa beds with really good mattresses too for the children
- a small kitchen with a small fridge so we had cool own drinks
- two bathrooms with showers and one of the bathrooms even had a bath too (four large and four small towels were provided)
- our bungalow was clean
- the children liked the swimming pool a lot. The pool was cold but not freezing like the other pools we had in other hotels but the outside temperature during our stay in this hotel maybe warmed up the pool (it was 37 degrees)
- in some reviews we read there were no towels at the swimming pool but they really have a free towel service at the pool (the large blue towels)! Just ask one of the poolboys!
- there are a lot of sunbeds but in the afternoon it's sometimes hard to get one. If you cannot find a sunbed: ask one of the poolboys! Most of the times they know which bed is used and not and they are happy to find a bed for you (with matresses!) and they place the bed where you want!
- the pool was clean
The breakfast was like the other breakfasts we had in the hotels during our roundtrip but you could take as much as you like. The continental breakfast in Morocco we had were normally: fresh orange juice, coffee, hot chocolate milk, pancake, Moroccan bread, 1 peace of sweet bread or croissants, one or two jam, yogurt. The only thing this hotel didn't had for breakfast was fresh orange juice but they had just the orange juice you always get in large hotels with a buffet... All other things were provided and there was more than one choice of sweet bread! They even had cold milk and cornflakes! And also fruit, scrambled eggs and sausages!! And there was plenty even if we had breakfast a little bit late...
The staff at the reception was friendly. After one day they even knew which roomnumber we had (we didn't expect this from such a large hotel).
For dinner we only tried the Italian restaurant and this was good and the prices were not so high as in the other restaurants in this hotel but be aware that the drinks are more expensive than we had in other restaurants in Morocco (normally a softdrink in a restaurant is 10 but max 15 dirham but in this hotel a softdrink was 25 dirham and this is a lot if your meal is only 60 dirham!!)
If you need drinks or snacks: just ask the reception the way to the supermarket. It's 10 minutes walk and there you will find softdrinks for 6 dirham. It's a really large supermarket. So if you are missing something you can get it there (also suncream etc).
The only issue we had during our stay in this hotel was that they clean the room very late and because of that we had no new towels during most of the day. And if the cleaning was done, they took the old towels and with a little bit of luck we had one or two new towels . If you want to take a shower after swimming before going to the medina than it's annyoing that there are no towels. Every day we had to ask the reception for towels which they provided promptly (the towels were earlier in the room than I was!). So improve this thing and everything is perfect.
Are you looking for a relaxing stay outside the medina you really can try this place!
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech Hotel
- Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- Golden Tulip Marrakech
- Hotel Farah
- Marrakech Golden Tulip
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Golden Tulip Farah Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.