“Brilliant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel to your Saves list
Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Mohammed VI | Av Mohammed VI Marrakech Morocco, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #352 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Myself and 3 friends stayed at this hotel on 17th march 2013 for 3 nights on a groupon deal...have to say we found the staff really friendly and the breakfast good...the rooms were clean and towels changed daily. no coffee making facilities in room but you could put a deposit down and have one. Also have to sing praises of Mohamed the one legged taxi driver who waits outside the hotel...had read about him on some reviews and we were not dissappointed...he was very reasonable, his english excellent and we hired him for 2 of our days...I do believe we saw more than we might have done had we gone through rep. He takes care to do what you want and is very good .I have tried to contact hotel both by e mail(came back blocked) and phone as i lost a little bangle either in the lounge there or in Mohameds taxi but have had no joy..perhaps this is something they should look in to.If you read this hotel people please look into my bracelet,booking in name of Y James

Room Tip: room overlooking pool was ok but did get noise of dogs barking...but thats not the hotels fault at t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at we are delighted to read that you appreciated the service, the food and the accommodations!
opera staff are willing to offer you the best service quality for your stay; therefore your opinion is very valuable for us.
about your bracelet sorry but i think you lost it somewhere else cause we didn't find it in our hotel.i m sorry for your loss.
We thank you again for your comment and hope to welcoming you very soon in the ryad Mogador opera&spa.
Accept, , the assurance of our best wishes.
Miss.Khadija Elmourabiti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel in october for a week. First of all they couldnt find our reservation in their system so we had to wait until they find a manager to sort things out. Room was quit nice but expected more from 4 star hotel. Our safe box wasnt working so we called reception for help, they said they send somebody to have a look. An hour later we called again , because nobody came. My boyfriend got uspset and went downstairs to talk to receptionist third time. So finaly after 2 hours wait sombody came and fixed it. Breakfast was nice and a housekeeping done a very good job.

khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear ugne D
Thank you for your feedback. We have noted your comment and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
i hope to welcoming you very soon in the ryad Mogador opera&spa.
Again, thank you for the comment which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service
sincerley
Miss Khadija Elmourabiti
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay from the 10th March. First impressions of the hotel were good with a huge chandelier in the foyer. Our room on the 4th floor faced the hotel's outdoor pool. It was large, clean and had a good sized bathroom. At night our sleep was disturbed by barking dogs on the adjacent scrap yard [take ear plugs]. The breakfasts were fine with a good selection of pastries, rolls, cereals, cheese, meats, salads, yoghurt, fruit, pancakes, fruit juices etc. There was also scrambled and boiled eggs. The walk to the Medina took longer than suggested by the hotel, about 30 mins, and involved several road crossings where you had to have your wits about you otherwise you would have been run over by a varirty of means of transport! I would suggest that you use a bank [ there is one at the nearby railway station] to change your currency as we got a very poor rate at the hotel.
We stayed at the hotel as part of a Groupon offer and overall thought it was good value for money. The hotel needs to provide information on buses, local places of interest, trips etc as not all guests are on a package tour.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel could be noisy- the back had barking dogs and the front faced a very busy ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear susan
Thank you for choosing ryad Mogador opera on your visit to Marrakech. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel i appreciate that, i'am very sorry from the disturb that the dogs do .even if it is out of our control the first reason cause the dogs not our dogs secondly the are guard dog guarding the mill near the hotel.
Accept, dear katim 7 the assurance of our best wishes.
Miss .Elmourabiti khadija
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights from 5th March. Check-in was efficient and quick. Room on third floor overlooking the pool. Room was a good size with an excellent bed and extra blankets and pillows. Fridge was handy but I would have liked a kettle (I never asked so I don't know if they have them available) Bathroom was clean with a tub but the shower head was very clogged up and didn't work properly giving a gush rather than a shower. I didn't get around to reporting this so can't really complain. Maintenance staff came within 5 minutes of asking to sort out the safety deposit box which required new batteries. Through the night there was a pack of dogs barking for hours in the scrap yard next door which kept my husband up but I had come prepared with ear plugs.

Breakfast on the first day was fine, scrambled eggs and boiled eggs and breads and pastries, fresh orange juice, fresh orange slices, tea, coffee, cereal etc.

On the second day when we came down for breakfast there were 3 female staff stood at the entrance desk to the dining room but they just stood and watched as we tried to find a table - any free tables were not set or had dirty dishes on them. We chose an un-set table and got some drinks and fruit and I asked one of the three females if we could have knives and forks. One knife and fork was brought to the table for the two of us and placed around me as I was eating - imagine eating an organge slice with someone leaning right over you to place down a fork) and she didn't bother with a napkin. I had to go and find the cupboard and get another knife and fork and some napkins and the three female staff just watched and made absolutely no effort at all to help. When I went to get some eggs there were no plates and the poor young chap from the kitchen was running around trying to find some plates but the the three female staff again just watched as this all unfolded. I found the attitude of these female staff to be totally inappropriate to working in the service industry and I am glad that I can now share my experience of bad service so future guests can make up their own mind about how and where they spend their money. On another table there was a local business guest and the staff were running around after him getting him drinks and generally giving him the VIP treatment - I wasn't looking for VIP treatment but a small amount of courtesy would have been nice - as would cutlery and a napkin!

On the other two mornings we were early for breakfast so there wasn't an issue with un-set tables. I was really disappointed with the breakfast staff because all the other staff that I encountered were very helpful and polite.

The reception area is very impressive with the chandelier that goes from the ceiling on the fifth floor and the doors are painted in a local style but the carpets are looking a little worn in places and a lot of the doors were very grubby around the handles including the bathroom in our room.
I did have a problem with the smell throughout the hotel of old cooking fat - the smell woke me up in the morning it was like stale chip fat but I couldn't understand what is was from as I didn't see anything fried at breakfast. This smell permeated the hotel at all times just getting stronger in the morning and early evening.

Overall the hotel was good value, the staff polite and helpful and the rooms excellent. Just a pity that our stay was marred by the breakfast staff on 7th March.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Katim 7
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comment.
We reviewed your comment regarding your stay with us at Ryad Mogador Opera.
The first thing thank you for your complain it is a good point for that we take it seriously , of the name of the hotel I say “sorry” for this issue, I discuss what happen to you with chief of the restaurant and he told me that it was the first time something like that happened”even if this the first time that someone complain about that”and he gives us his ouwn word that it will be the last one
I wanna repeat our sorry for you and at the same time thank you for giving as a chance to discuss any new problem could be a risk of the success of the hotel.
I hope to meet you personally in the next time I promise you will have a good welcome and good service.
it will be my honour to talk with you and helping you.
This is my email if you want to discuss any thing "opera.mogador.khadija@gmail.com"
We thank you again for your comment and hope to welcoming you very soon in the Ryad Mogador Opera&spa.
Accept, dear katim 7 the assurance of our best wishes.
Miss. Elmourabiti Khadija
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just returned from 8 nights at the hotel by myself as it was a working holiday. I was made to feel really welcome by all the staff who were kind and helpful. Room was large and comfortable and although it was facing the road, the triple glazing cut out most of the noise. I stayed half board, breakfasts were great, evening meal - nothing special but wholesome with a reasonable variety.
Considering the price of the hotel I cannot see how anyone can really have any complaints. Really handy for all the major sights and plenty of restaurants and a good supermarket within easy reach. I felt really safe both inside the hotel and generally around Marrakech. A great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Damico
Thank you for choosing Ryad Mogador Opera&Spa on your visit to Marrakech. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.
Bewdley, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just come back from 4 night break through Travelzoo with my partner, which we both thoroughly enjoyed.

The staff at the hotel are helpful enough, especially the porters. Rooms are a good size for a hotel and clean, with good quality sheets. Towels are changed every day. I took a plug with me as they don't have them in the baths. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room but there is a fridge and TV.

Our room was 422, looking over the front of the hotel and onto the busy road below, which made it quite noisy as the morrocans love to toot their horns all the time. Got used to it after a while.

The hotel is dry, i.e. no alcohol, but the hotel next door has a bar, albeit £3 for a bottle of beer!

Breakfast is continental but with scrambled egg, boiled eggs, lots of mini danish pastries and croissants. We paid extra for half board which was enjoyable, with a lot of morrocan dishes.

They want 100DIR for the indoor swimming pool which is like £8.00 - far too expensive but we did have a sauna, hammam and massage there which was fantastic and wished we'd had it on our first day not our last!

It's not posh but it's somewhere clean and friendly which can be used as a point from which to explore Marrakesh and Morroco.

Dear Anett
Thank you for your feedback .we have noted your comment and we sincerely apologiz for any inconvenience caused.
about the blug it wasn't our fault we have them in our houtel just you need to ask for get them,and about coffe and tea if you want to drink it in your room just you need take telfone and ask for gest it one call to room service and or the restaurant can figure out anything you want in the same way we have an electric kettle help to heat the water for make tea or coffee for yourself .
Again ,thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
Accept,dear Anett, the assurance of our best wishes
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is good and well equipped, the beds are comfortable. We would rate it as no more than a 3 star. The WiFi could only be accessed outside of the room. The lunch was good but dinner not so good. Breakfast was basic. Be aware that this is the ONLY Muslim – no alcohol hotel in Marrakech. Seems to cater for tours so if you are traveling as a couple it may be a bit like a production line.

Room Tip: A low floor room close to the internal atrium will get WiFi access.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear david
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We reviewed your comment regarding your stay with us at ryad Mogador opera. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the Even if we don t have the alcohol in our hotel isn ‘t meaning that the hotel is only for muslim, this is just the principal of Mr chaabi all mogadors owner.feedback we can get.
Therefore your opinion is very valuable for us .
We thank you again for your comment and hope to welcoming you very soon in the ryad Mogador Opera&Spa
sincerley
Miss.Khadija Elmourabiti

Been to Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel? Share your experiences!