“Reasonable hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel

You added Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel to your Saves list
Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Mohammed VI | Av Mohammed VI Marrakech Morocco, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #379 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
Wales
“Reasonable hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights from 5th March. Check-in was efficient and quick. Room on third floor overlooking the pool. Room was a good size with an excellent bed and extra blankets and pillows. Fridge was handy but I would have liked a kettle (I never asked so I don't know if they have them available) Bathroom was clean with a tub but the shower head was very clogged up and didn't work properly giving a gush rather than a shower. I didn't get around to reporting this so can't really complain. Maintenance staff came within 5 minutes of asking to sort out the safety deposit box which required new batteries. Through the night there was a pack of dogs barking for hours in the scrap yard next door which kept my husband up but I had come prepared with ear plugs.

Breakfast on the first day was fine, scrambled eggs and boiled eggs and breads and pastries, fresh orange juice, fresh orange slices, tea, coffee, cereal etc.

On the second day when we came down for breakfast there were 3 female staff stood at the entrance desk to the dining room but they just stood and watched as we tried to find a table - any free tables were not set or had dirty dishes on them. We chose an un-set table and got some drinks and fruit and I asked one of the three females if we could have knives and forks. One knife and fork was brought to the table for the two of us and placed around me as I was eating - imagine eating an organge slice with someone leaning right over you to place down a fork) and she didn't bother with a napkin. I had to go and find the cupboard and get another knife and fork and some napkins and the three female staff just watched and made absolutely no effort at all to help. When I went to get some eggs there were no plates and the poor young chap from the kitchen was running around trying to find some plates but the the three female staff again just watched as this all unfolded. I found the attitude of these female staff to be totally inappropriate to working in the service industry and I am glad that I can now share my experience of bad service so future guests can make up their own mind about how and where they spend their money. On another table there was a local business guest and the staff were running around after him getting him drinks and generally giving him the VIP treatment - I wasn't looking for VIP treatment but a small amount of courtesy would have been nice - as would cutlery and a napkin!

On the other two mornings we were early for breakfast so there wasn't an issue with un-set tables. I was really disappointed with the breakfast staff because all the other staff that I encountered were very helpful and polite.

The reception area is very impressive with the chandelier that goes from the ceiling on the fifth floor and the doors are painted in a local style but the carpets are looking a little worn in places and a lot of the doors were very grubby around the handles including the bathroom in our room.
I did have a problem with the smell throughout the hotel of old cooking fat - the smell woke me up in the morning it was like stale chip fat but I couldn't understand what is was from as I didn't see anything fried at breakfast. This smell permeated the hotel at all times just getting stronger in the morning and early evening.

Overall the hotel was good value, the staff polite and helpful and the rooms excellent. Just a pity that our stay was marred by the breakfast staff on 7th March.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Katim 7
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comment.
We reviewed your comment regarding your stay with us at Ryad Mogador Opera.
The first thing thank you for your complain it is a good point for that we take it seriously , of the name of the hotel I say “sorry” for this issue, I discuss what happen to you with chief of the restaurant and he told me that it was the first time something like that happened”even if this the first time that someone complain about that”and he gives us his ouwn word that it will be the last one
I wanna repeat our sorry for you and at the same time thank you for giving as a chance to discuss any new problem could be a risk of the success of the hotel.
I hope to meet you personally in the next time I promise you will have a good welcome and good service.
it will be my honour to talk with you and helping you.
This is my email if you want to discuss any thing "opera.mogador.khadija@gmail.com"
We thank you again for your comment and hope to welcoming you very soon in the Ryad Mogador Opera&spa.
Accept, dear katim 7 the assurance of our best wishes.
Miss. Elmourabiti Khadija

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just returned from 8 nights at the hotel by myself as it was a working holiday. I was made to feel really welcome by all the staff who were kind and helpful. Room was large and comfortable and although it was facing the road, the triple glazing cut out most of the noise. I stayed half board, breakfasts were great, evening meal - nothing special but wholesome with a reasonable variety.
Considering the price of the hotel I cannot see how anyone can really have any complaints. Really handy for all the major sights and plenty of restaurants and a good supermarket within easy reach. I felt really safe both inside the hotel and generally around Marrakech. A great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Damico
Thank you for choosing Ryad Mogador Opera&Spa on your visit to Marrakech. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.
Bewdley, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just come back from 4 night break through Travelzoo with my partner, which we both thoroughly enjoyed.

The staff at the hotel are helpful enough, especially the porters. Rooms are a good size for a hotel and clean, with good quality sheets. Towels are changed every day. I took a plug with me as they don't have them in the baths. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room but there is a fridge and TV.

Our room was 422, looking over the front of the hotel and onto the busy road below, which made it quite noisy as the morrocans love to toot their horns all the time. Got used to it after a while.

The hotel is dry, i.e. no alcohol, but the hotel next door has a bar, albeit £3 for a bottle of beer!

Breakfast is continental but with scrambled egg, boiled eggs, lots of mini danish pastries and croissants. We paid extra for half board which was enjoyable, with a lot of morrocan dishes.

They want 100DIR for the indoor swimming pool which is like £8.00 - far too expensive but we did have a sauna, hammam and massage there which was fantastic and wished we'd had it on our first day not our last!

It's not posh but it's somewhere clean and friendly which can be used as a point from which to explore Marrakesh and Morroco.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anett
Thank you for your feedback .we have noted your comment and we sincerely apologiz for any inconvenience caused.
about the blug it wasn't our fault we have them in our houtel just you need to ask for get them,and about coffe and tea if you want to drink it in your room just you need take telfone and ask for gest it one call to room service and or the restaurant can figure out anything you want in the same way we have an electric kettle help to heat the water for make tea or coffee for yourself .
Again ,thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
Accept,dear Anett, the assurance of our best wishes
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is good and well equipped, the beds are comfortable. We would rate it as no more than a 3 star. The WiFi could only be accessed outside of the room. The lunch was good but dinner not so good. Breakfast was basic. Be aware that this is the ONLY Muslim – no alcohol hotel in Marrakech. Seems to cater for tours so if you are traveling as a couple it may be a bit like a production line.

Room Tip: A low floor room close to the internal atrium will get WiFi access.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear david
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We reviewed your comment regarding your stay with us at ryad Mogador opera. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the Even if we don t have the alcohol in our hotel isn ‘t meaning that the hotel is only for muslim, this is just the principal of Mr chaabi all mogadors owner.feedback we can get.
Therefore your opinion is very valuable for us .
We thank you again for your comment and hope to welcoming you very soon in the ryad Mogador Opera&Spa
sincerley
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

1, Nice hotel upon entrance, good location, but our rooms need some TLC. Unfinished bathroom,head board almost off hinges,no seats on balcony.hard beds.
2, We was in room 505 5th floor, pool view. Still extremely noisy from the generator on the roof of the building next door,and the dogs from the scrap metal yard next door woke me up every night ! If that don't get you, you are woken up by the chambermaids at 7am to 12pm! slamming and banging every bed,door or banging the cart into your door EVEN if it has a DO NOT DISTURB SIGN ON IT !!
3. Ordered room service on second day, it took over hour to come. I refused to pay the service charge but the waiter took the money on the side anyway!! when i chased him to the elevator he TOTALLY understood my English as he searched his pockets, but the hotel ensures me he did not ! After me kicking off khadija tried to resolve the issue.....wait for it .....with 2 oranges and 2 small bottles of water !! then she tried to tell me "fruit is very expensive in our country"!! told her " they are growing on the tree outside everywhere! please ! The manager apparently does not speak to guests........well on the last day i chased after him down the road, gave him a piece of my mind. he tried to say he don't understand English either ??(spoke it perfectly fine to me) and i got my 100 dirham back !! then he tried to offer free food and all sorts, told him to shove it !
4. The holiday rep Madani was nice, offered good deals on trips and did try and get money back but i felt he did not want to upset the manager.
5. Spa is OVER priced, 100 dirham to use the pool !! crazy !
6. only has WFI in the lobby. and no converter charger.
apart from that good location, most of the staff friendly. good deal from Groupon on price.

Room Tip: no helping you ! front you got traffic back you got the generator or the dogs !! bring ear plugs !!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear guest
We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at ryad Mogador opera. We take all comments seriously and really appreciate in details all the feedback we can get.
we wish that you had accepted our pologise due, to the misunderstanding of the issue that you had in our hotel .
Dear francis for me i guess that i did all my best to figure out your problm even if i guess isn 't a huge one ,and the since the days that you had the problem i asked you everytime when i saw you if you had your rst and your answer was alwayse"yes".i m just shocked now from what you wrote.to whom it may concern.
"The lady and her doughter were fine and they settle well on the first they said that everything looks pleasant. on the next day she ordered some food for the room service the waiter turned up to the room which was 505 so that he could service them.10 minuts later the lady popped down to say that she has been stolen by the waiter on amount of 100 dirhams which is nothing in terms of amount as she said that she had over600 punds ,ipaad ,iphone and camera in the table if the waiter had to stole it will not be 100 dirhams, After a conversation me the lady who complained ask for acomoplsation such as free interance for the heathed pool but it was out of their hand as the spa is managed separately.and after all that she spoke to directeur She had her extra for free and she invited for a free diner or meal in the terasse restaurant as well but she refused .by the reparation day the lady left the hotel around 5.30 pm and she was satisfied as she left happy "
i wanna just take this as a chance to say "sorry" as an answer of your speech ,in addition we missed opportunity to ask you for a next visit and i give you my word that you will find our door is always open to you anytime.
this my email for any discussion opera.mogador.khadija@gmail.com
Accept,dear francis, the assurance of our best wishes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great stop overnight between travel. Right next to the train station made it easy. Everything was in order, clean and comfortable. Although it was winter, the temperature was warm, and the air conditioning was turned off for the cold months.

Room Tip: Should have been quiet to face the inner courtyard, but there was a big party in the hotel with loud...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
khadija o, Guest Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Madam
We thank you for your comment after your stay at the ryad Mogador opera & Spa.
opera staff are willing to offer you the best service quality for your stay; therefore your opinion is very valuable for us.
We thank you again for your comment and hope to welcoming you very soon in the ryad Mogador opera&spa.
Accept,Madam, the assurance of our best wishes.
Oxford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in Feb. Had a good time and the hotel was OK. It is in a relatively good position - less than £2 to get into the centre by taxi (every other car seems to be a taxi, so not hard to get one), and in retrospect we were pleased to escape the manic centre at night. Rooms are big and the outdoor pool is nice, but too cold to swim in when we were there. I tried and lasted less than a length. Shame you cannot use the indoor pool and sauna without paying (£10 or so) - my one real gripe. Gym was OK.

Room Tip: Noisy if you look out onto the main road/.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
khadija o, Public Relations Manager at Ryad Mogador Opera Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comment.
We reviewed your comment regarding your stay with us at ryad Mogador opera. We do take all comments seriously and really appreciate in details all the feedback we can get. I am saddened to see that you feel that your stay was not satisfactory . about the Sona as far as I know is cheap you can t grumbling on the price cause when you was booking you just pay the room and the meal not the souna
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
sincerley