“What A Lovely Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Moroccan House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3, Rue Loubnane | Guéliz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #283 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
brighton
“What A Lovely Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My friend and I stayed here from 3-7th December and I can't fault it. Our room was lovely and the food was fantastic ( I can highly recommend booking half board ) This was my second time to Marrakech and I much prefer this hotel to where I stayed last time. I would definately stay here again. Being in Gueliz, it's away from the hustle and bustle of the medina but only 30 dirhams in a cab to get to the square. It doesn't claim to be a 5 star but for somewhere nice to stay with good food, I would highly recommend it! I will be going back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are very basic and the beds and pillows are awful. Most of the staff are polite but some were very unhelpful. The breakfast was disgusting if you an call it breakfast. I certainly wouldn't recommend it only to someone I didn't like. I run my own place in Holland and this hotel is no where near three star.

• Stayed December 2012
Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel is very basic, but you get what you pay for. It is beautifully decorated throughout, typically Moroccan. The star of the show in this hotel are definitely the staff! They are the best, they go out their way to make you feel welcome. The TV didn't work but why would you want to watch TV when there is so much to do. The breakfast was typically moroccan too, fresh fruit, bread and pastries, and a guy in the corner making as many omelettes as you can eat! You can have a Hammam and a massage, we both had the massage which was brilliant. I (Damon) found myself dribbling saliva from my mouth it was so relaxing. All in all, room wise, you can get better at Richard Bransons but it will cost you an awful lot more, and I doubt he has such brilliant staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had just arrived at Moroccan House Hotel and handed over our accomodation voucher to the guy behind the counter and he straight away told us that we do not have a room there and that our accomodation voucher (provided by lowcostholidays.com) is not valid! He told us that he cannot help us and that we need to leave! He told us the money we paid for this hotel for 5 nights had not been received! I began to make phone calls to lowcost (which were NOT cheap) from my mobile as he refused to let us use the telephone, and was on hold when another member of staff came along and told us that there is infact a room available for us! We were not given a pool view room as I requested. The room was cold at night as the heater broke every night and the "satelite" TV did not exist! We had four channels of which only one was english. The hotel ruined the start of my holiday.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have just returned from a nine night stay in Moroccan house hotel. We found it very quaint and quirky and pleasantly surprised .The food was good the rooms clean and the staff very helpful. There where some good excursions to go on and the walk to the medina was approx 15-20 minutes .You need a good map of Marrakesh though
The only disappointment was the swimming pool but that could have been to the time of year we went .It is well worth a visit to the Mamounia hotel but you must have sensible clothing and not wear sandals

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Ymmv, but we were not impressed. Of course for the money it was good value, but simple things like clean sheets and non growling staff skills be included.
Breakfast was a struggle. 15 minutes before the scheduled closing time a member of staff was not willing to replenish simple things like bread. Fortunately a bakery is literally around the corner.
Rooms are cleaned very well, beds are hard as rock. Hotel interior is nice, location is good.
But the stained bedding and indirectly members of staff...even for the money, never again.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Only stayed here one night. Hotel is full of charm and the decor authentic and interesting. My room was clean and comfortable. Lots of hot water for the shower, sufficient bedding, the usual amenities. Staff were polite and professional. The courtesy toothbrush and toothpaste was nice, but would have preferred a courtesy bottle of water for my first night rather than pay 20 dirham from the desk.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Moroccan House Hotel? Share your experiences!