“I would recommend that you stay elsewhere Not here! It's very poor in all respects.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Moroccan House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Moroccan House Hotel to your Saves list
Moroccan House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3, Rue Loubnane | Guéliz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #275 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are very basic and the beds and pillows are awful. Most of the staff are polite but some were very unhelpful. The breakfast was disgusting if you an call it breakfast. I certainly wouldn't recommend it only to someone I didn't like. I run my own place in Holland and this hotel is no where near three star.

• Stayed December 2012

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel is very basic, but you get what you pay for. It is beautifully decorated throughout, typically Moroccan. The star of the show in this hotel are definitely the staff! They are the best, they go out their way to make you feel welcome. The TV didn't work but why would you want to watch TV when there is so much to do. The breakfast was typically moroccan too, fresh fruit, bread and pastries, and a guy in the corner making as many omelettes as you can eat! You can have a Hammam and a massage, we both had the massage which was brilliant. I (Damon) found myself dribbling saliva from my mouth it was so relaxing. All in all, room wise, you can get better at Richard Bransons but it will cost you an awful lot more, and I doubt he has such brilliant staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had just arrived at Moroccan House Hotel and handed over our accomodation voucher to the guy behind the counter and he straight away told us that we do not have a room there and that our accomodation voucher (provided by lowcostholidays.com) is not valid! He told us that he cannot help us and that we need to leave! He told us the money we paid for this hotel for 5 nights had not been received! I began to make phone calls to lowcost (which were NOT cheap) from my mobile as he refused to let us use the telephone, and was on hold when another member of staff came along and told us that there is infact a room available for us! We were not given a pool view room as I requested. The room was cold at night as the heater broke every night and the "satelite" TV did not exist! We had four channels of which only one was english. The hotel ruined the start of my holiday.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have just returned from a nine night stay in Moroccan house hotel. We found it very quaint and quirky and pleasantly surprised .The food was good the rooms clean and the staff very helpful. There where some good excursions to go on and the walk to the medina was approx 15-20 minutes .You need a good map of Marrakesh though
The only disappointment was the swimming pool but that could have been to the time of year we went .It is well worth a visit to the Mamounia hotel but you must have sensible clothing and not wear sandals

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Ymmv, but we were not impressed. Of course for the money it was good value, but simple things like clean sheets and non growling staff skills be included.
Breakfast was a struggle. 15 minutes before the scheduled closing time a member of staff was not willing to replenish simple things like bread. Fortunately a bakery is literally around the corner.
Rooms are cleaned very well, beds are hard as rock. Hotel interior is nice, location is good.
But the stained bedding and indirectly members of staff...even for the money, never again.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Only stayed here one night. Hotel is full of charm and the decor authentic and interesting. My room was clean and comfortable. Lots of hot water for the shower, sufficient bedding, the usual amenities. Staff were polite and professional. The courtesy toothbrush and toothpaste was nice, but would have preferred a courtesy bottle of water for my first night rather than pay 20 dirham from the desk.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel, again, for two nights in early November 2012. The staff were helpful and friendly, especially Labra, who remembered me from previous visits and welcomed me back.
The price is very good value - I had 2 nights B&B - in a clean double bedroom with fridge, tv and en suite bathroom. This is the only hotel that I know of that provides a toothbrush and toothpaste - very handy as I had just run out of toothpaste!
The hotel has interesting decoration with a lot of traditonal tiling on floors and walls, and a lot of "beldie" hand painted furniture. There is a pretty water fountain with rose petals in the lobby of the hotel, lifts to all floors and staircases, too. This makes it feel like an authentic, charming and local Moroccan house, not an anonymous hotel!
The beds are rather kitsch four posters with a good deal of net, but solid and comfy to sleep on.
The breakfast is on the terrace upstairs - outside tables and an inside Berber tent. There is a range of breads, cereals , toast and freshly made pancakes and eggs. The only thing lacking is fresh juice - dont understand why as oranges are cheap and locally available - they offer jugs of very sweet cordial which almost no-one is interested in!
There is a pool and loungers and the staff were very helpful in terms of booking a cab to the airport without overcharging - 100 dhs for a couple of people in a cab is about the going rate. Also helpful advice in terms of making a local phone call, directions and local resources, tho this varies with the different personalities of the staff group.
For me, this always feels like a clean, friendly and safe palce to stay , which makes it a very useful base for my trips.
I was intrested to discover a very large branch of Victoria wines on the main street to the left of the Hotel. This is a new addition ot the area and loks to be pretty popular.

Room Tip: If you want a bit of peace and quiet - this is near several nightclubs - ask for a room facing away...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Moroccan House Hotel? Share your experiences!