We went to Marrakech for Xmas and stayed at this Riad. We booked through BA as a package, and we decided before leaving to use the car service provided by the hotel for our collection from the airport.
I am glad we did for 2 reasons:-
1) It was cheaper than any cost we heard of from people just grabbing a cab from the airport.
2) The Angsana Riad's are a collection of Riads. This one (Lyndines) is no-where near the other collection of Riad's. We were actually booked for one of the other one's, but were placed in Lyndines. If we had not booked transport through hotel, we would have gone to the wrong one and needed to get a cab to the correct one (others in the Riad had this issue).
The Riad was very, very clean, and everyone that worked there was extremely friendly and helpful. It was too cold to use the pool (it is very small), but we did manage to sit on the roof terrace which was very comfortable.
Breakfast was served every morning, by Fatima, who spoke very good English with a smile. Same menu every day, which is a bit boring, but the food was all served quickly, and was tasty enough. If you want other food for lunch/dinner you do need to inform the riad in advance, as they get the food from one of the other riads. However with so much to choose from in Marrakech to eat - we never ate there aside from breakfast.
The location of the Riad was in the heart of the Kasbah. Approx 10/15 mins walk from the Big Square. It was down a warren of small streets, but easy enough to find your way around as long as you stuck to the same direction when leaving or arriving from Saadien tombs (we used this as our reference point). Despite kids hanging around outside, and the narrow streets being a bit dark and dingy at night, we never got hassled by anyone trying to make some money from us for directions, or begging etc near the Riad. Others that stayed in other locations (including those of the other Angsana Riads complained to us of being hassled).
The rooms were very clean (in fact we struggled to get in the rooms during the day as they were being cleaned so much!).
There was no bar in the Riad - and alcohol to take away was difficult to come by. However the Carrefour is approx 10 mins in a cab, and you can stock up there, and bring back to riad to drink if you wish. Generally finding alcohol in Marrakech is an issue! The places you want to drink and people watch (Medina/Kasbah) there are no bars. The places you can drink in the new town (Gueliz) there is alcohol, but you could be in any town in the world - just not very interesting.
All in all we had a great time there, I managed to get a round of golf booked through the Riad, and we got an atlas mountains trip booked through them (note we chose our own trip from tripadvisor - rather than the trips in the Riad's book).
One really nice touch were we were given a cell phone with the number of the Riad, and the guy who ran the Riad during the day (Salah) so we could get in touch in case of emergency. We never needed it though.
All in all it was a very clean, nice place to stay - and we could not have wished for anything more on this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marrakesh's historic medina, within a stone's throw of the Saadians Tombsand and Royal Palace, Angsana Collection - Riad Lydines welcomes 10 minutes walking from the famous Jamaaa El Fna Square. It features 7 guest rooms, each one with a unique interior design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Lydines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Lydines Hotel Marrakech
- Angsana Riad Lydines Marrakech