The Riad is just off a main road toward the top of the souks in the medina. Once you get over the initial confusion of where you are it's very easy to get to the square through the souks, about 5 min walk. Very pretty with the most amazing beds. We stayed in the twin which was nice but if you are in a couple the bedroom with a double bed on the ground floor is stunning with a giant bed that looks a bit like a boat. Jamilla who looks after the place is really lovely, it would probably help to speak French here but both myself and my mum are rubbish at french and still got by fine. Breakfast is lovely on a gorgeous little terrace. We didn't see the manager, Laurence during the 5 days we were there but her husband Karim did pop by. He recommended a lovely locals restaurant in the new town which we ate in. Plastic chairs in the street and proper local food, the food and taxi all in cost around £10 for 2 people. They offered us a tour of the tanneries at around £60 for a half day, we thought it was pricey so we got a taxi in the street and paid £10 for the whole experience which included the taxi waiting for us and taking us back to the square and a guide we picked up outside the tannery with generous tips. Maybe their tour had more to offer but it's a big difference in price. They offered to cook us dinner in the riad which was a very reasonable cost but we wanted to venture out so didn't do it. The mint tea they make is amazing and the place is spotless.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Mille Et Une Nuits Hotel
- Riad Mille Et Une Nuits Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PresentationRiad Thousand and One Nights, a traditional riad in the heart of the medina, the historic center of Marrakech.You will discover a discreet and elegant place, where everything has been designed for you and your well-being. Hospitality and modern comfort await you in this former private home to make your stay surrounded by restfulness and refinement The whole team wishes you the Welcome at our Riad.Staying at Riad Thousand and One Nights, is the beginning of an enchanting journey to the east. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Riad Mille et une Nuits reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.