My partner and I had a very peaceful and enjoyable stay at Riad Étoile du Sud et Spa, Marrakech. It was only 5 minutes from the Jemaa El Fna Square, but enough of a walk to be away from all the hustle and bustle of it all, a very tranquil place and comfortable, the room had heating and hot water (lovely shower), the breakfast was very good every day, and was lovely out on the roof terrace,
Mohamed and Lahcen were fun and made us feel very welcome they organized two trips for us one in to the Atlas Mountains and At Ben Haddu, and another to a Kasbar, waterfalls and local villages, we had a private people carrier for both trips, meal included, and was a great couple of days out, i would recommend this Riad to anyone whom is looking for an real authentic Moroccan feel and stay in Marrakesh. The rooms were clean and the staff faultless.
When getting a taxi from the airport don't pay any more than 100DM, and watch out for Snake Charmers throwing a snake around your neck then charging you for it, there are supermarkets in the new town for beers and wine as there is not much sold locally inside the Medina, don't be tempted to make too many purchases until you get used to the pricing or bartering only pay about half for gifts and souvenirs, just say i can get it cheaper than Asda price if you want to laugh with sellers, but also learn to say no thanks in Moroccan. Enjoy your experience in Marrakesh, there's lots to do and enjoy your stay in the Riad I'Etoile du Sud et Spa we did, incidentally The Name means Star of the Dessert, good luck
(Glenn and Carole) UK.
- Also Known As:
- Riad l`Etoile Du Sud Et Hotel
- Riad l`Etoile Du Sud Et Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Etoile du Sud combines a traditional Moroccan riad with modern amenities near the famous Djemma El Fnâa Square. The rooms are air-conditioned and surround the interior patio.Riad Étoile du Sud’s rooms are equipped with a private bathroom and sitting area. Some rooms provide free Wi-Fi. The authentic Moroccan details are combined with Andalusian art to create a unique setting.Etoile du Sud’s restaurant serves Moroccan specialties. The riad has a lounge where guests can relax.Riad Étoile du Sud’s spa has a hammam and provides a variety of relaxation and beauty treatments.Riad: 5 rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Riad l'Etoile du Sud et Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.