We had a lovely stay at this beautiful riad. I had been a little concerned by an earlier review but there were no problems. We had the smallest room, Marilyn, but it was a good size for two. The entrance off the 'main' road is a bit dark and unkempt but no worse than any old city I have stayed in across the Arab world. There is security on the alley too. We were escorted to the door when we arrived at night and it felt a bit labyrinthine but had no problem finding our way out alone the following morning. Once in the door there is a beautiful and peaceful courtyard with fountain and flowers. We were settled in and offered food and wine. The chicken tagine was the best we tried anywhere. The staff were friendly and really helpful. Their English was at times a bit idiosyncratic so a few words of French can be helpful. There is a lovely rooftop terrace that we used although we always took breakfast in the courtyard. Breakfast was always excellent with a slightly different selection each day. Generally 2 types of crepe with honey, French bread, pastries, fresh fruit juice and a delicious vanilla yoghurt type of thing. Coffee is the standard but they will do black or mint tea. You will have to ask if you want cold milk otherwise you will get it hot. Watch out for the bevelled mirror edges of the archway into the bathroom in Marilyn. My partner cut his head on them when he stumbled over the velvet curtain that acts as the door. Also drains all over Marrakech smell pretty bad but if you close the drain cover on the shower it won't bother you. Just tap it with your foot to close it and again to open it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Marrakech just a stone's throw from Jemaa-El-Fna square and hidden away in one of the most ancient alleyways of the Old City. Whisper its name: Amber. The first of the Lotus Riads. A luxury guesthouse, but also an elegantly decorated palace concealed beneath the hustle and bustle of the city. An original Riad whose welcoming atmosphere and subtle comfort fits in perfectly with our Lotus chain philosophy, always a guarantee of quality and outstanding service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Lotus Ambre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Lotus Ambre Marrakech
- Riad Lotus Ambre Hotel Marrakech