We were four people (two couples) which booked two rooms for this hotel (riad) for two nights.
The experience started just at the arrival. Stating that we had booked two rooms the receptionist said we had no booking for this Riad.
After almost one hour waiting finally they manage to contact the manager and apparently there was overbooking for the hotel… cool!
And not only they manage to overbook the hotel, but actually they overbooked both rooms… Super cool!
Since they had no available rooms, they took us to two separe hotels, which were about a 20 minutes walk apart.
The second night we actually manage to stay at this hotel, overall facilities are ok but cleanness is not their top quality for sure, the bed looked has it was previous used and we found a cockroach waving around the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Marrakech just a stone's throw from Jemaa-El-Fna square and hidden away in one of the most ancient alleyways of the Old City. Whisper its name: Amber. The first of the Lotus Riads. A luxury guesthouse, but also an elegantly decorated palace concealed beneath the hustle and bustle of the city. An original Riad whose welcoming atmosphere and subtle comfort fits in perfectly with our Lotus chain philosophy, always a guarantee of quality and outstanding service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Lotus Ambre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Lotus Ambre Marrakech
- Riad Lotus Ambre Hotel Marrakech