We stayed at this Riad by default - we'd booked and had a named suite in one of the other Lotus Riads - but despite that and despite not a word being said to us upon collection from the airport we were driven to this Riad instead. Once there we were made to sit around in a Courtyard with no explanation - whilst we tried without success to explain we were at the wrong Riad. Eventually a Manager arrived and told us that this was it only room available to us - not what we had booked - we'd spent hours researching online - booked a named Suite with a modern decor - we ended up in a horrid dark not modern at all suite - the electrics looked highly dangerous the window was stuck open the only heating was a portable heater plugged in next to the bed the tv was old fashioned - not the flat screen one in the suite we'd booked, the bathroom was awful - plastic bag stuck in the bottom of the drainage cover for the shower - certainly didn't linger around.
Trying to make the best of a very bad job asked about the Hamman told yes it is ready - got into bathrobes - risked the unlit staircase down to reception shown into a room no warmer than a damp shower - said this isn't hot - told no only just turned on - asked why tell us it was ready then? Still trying to make best of a bed job asked can I see the cd library the in room info refers to - told it doesn't exist!
Tried without success to get a Manager to spk to - spoke briefly to one who told us he would come back to us and make it up to us - he did not - he ignored all calls, texts and the all emails to Lotus Group ignored too.
Get the feeling the plush Lotus Riads are there to temp you to book then you get dumped in this place - which believe me is nothing whatsoever like the plush pictures on the other websites - I'd not recommend at all and avoid at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Marrakech just a stone's throw from Jemaa-El-Fna square and hidden away in one of the most ancient alleyways of the Old City. Whisper its name: Amber. The first of the Lotus Riads. A luxury guesthouse, but also an elegantly decorated palace concealed beneath the hustle and bustle of the city. An original Riad whose welcoming atmosphere and subtle comfort fits in perfectly with our Lotus chain philosophy, always a guarantee of quality and outstanding service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Riad Lotus Ambre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Lotus Ambre Marrakech
- Riad Lotus Ambre Hotel Marrakech