“Traditional and so quiet a real delight” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Habiba
82, derb Jemmaa | Riad Zitoun Jdid - Médina, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #648 of 1,135 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Traditional and so quiet a real delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed with two friends, we took a room each all of them were very spacious and extremely comfortable.
This riad retains so much original charm.
The staff and service were exceptional, nothing is too much trouble.
Spotless and great value.
location great for the main square and also the museums.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I have just come back after a week's stay at this lovely Riad.
I was a little concerned that there hadn't been any reviews for a year so. When we arrived at the Riad and were lead down a very quiet alley way, my concern grew... what had I booked?
All doubt was soon eradicated as we walked into the beautiful central courtyard of the property. With only 4 rooms in the place, it felt very homely but still within easy walking distance to the main square in the Medina.
Samir the night porter was always smiling and really helpful.
The only issues we had were that the Wifi was pretty hit and miss and there were no locks on the door (but since you had to ring the doorbell to get into the main entrance, this was not a major concern)
Overall, I would highly recommend the place. It is relatively inexpensive and we very much enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Zen room (which from having a peek into the others, I think was a good bet- fantast...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

NO WAY SHOULD THIS RIAD BE SO LOW ON TRIP ADVISOR. My wife and I have been to many hotels over the world and paid £800 a night for a room but this place has to be one of my favorites. The charm the service can not be beaten, we were met by Samir at the taxi rank and he showed us to the Riad, where we were greeted by the best mint tea I tasted in Marrakech (over my 4 day stay). Will relaxed in the courtyard for a bit, got given advice on restaurant and a map (this became very useful). We where then given the whole guided tour of the Riad and then finally are amazing room (Zen Room) would also recommend the African and Moroccan Rooms these where also over good size and style. The room was very spacious, very clean and had fresh flowers in the room what were changed everyday. We then unpacked and headed to the square, bit of advice keep looking at the map you may get hassled but not as much as if you get lost. After exploring the souks and a bite to eat on the square (cafe Paris) great views of the square we headed back to the Riad where Samir made us mint tea and lit the fire for us to relax in the lounge. Samir was so great he gave us advice and told me more about Moroccan life he also showed me how to make mint what was really nice. The next day we took breakfast on the roof terrace with views over Morocco and towards the jemma el fna. For breakfast we had yogurt, breads, pancakes, eggs and the most amazing orange juice this is good all over Marrakech . The lady owner is also very helpful she arranged trips for us and always made sure we were happy. You will not regret booking this place I promise. Other things we suggest are Kozy Bar, Maison Arabe, a cooking course and getting lost. Tangine restaurant is ok better for the belly dancers than the food and service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We found Riad Habiba through Splendida.com - and had few expectations. We arrived to the taxi parking, were led down a few alleyways in the South medina, left the chaos behind and stepped into a delightful, stylishly decorated oasis of calmness and tranquility. Our room was (appropriately named) the Zen room and because the Riad has only 4 rooms, it can never really get noisy*.
The best asset of this Riad however, is its staff. Naima, the manager is a passionate and fascinating woman with loads of insight into the local area and culture. She speaks fluent french and has very good English. If you speak French, you will get the most value from her insights. She got excellent deals for us on transport to Imlil and gave me very good advice on a purchase in the Souq.

Samir, the night manager, is, by contrast, quiet, gentle, smiling but, like Naima, always ready to help.

Mention should also go to Fatim-Za and her colleague - who clean up but also gave me excellent advice on the Arabic alphabet, which I was learning.

Thumbs up all round for Riad Habiba!

(*One small point re noise - despite only a few rooms, the glass, marble and wooden surfaces and the interior courtyard means that noise still carries - so light sleepers, don't abandon earplugs just yet).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed here last week with my boyfriend who is Moroccan. Its located in a safe and quiet area of the Medina a nice walk from the J'ma F'na Square. Naima, the hotel manager and Samir, the night manager are amazing, warm, friendly hosts. They picked us up from a taxi area, offered sound advice about dining and tourist information. The riad is small- 4 rooms- and is simple and elegant. I stayed in the Moroccan Suite on the 2nd Floor- it was large and had a fireplace. Everything worked, everything was great. I loved this place and hope to stay there again next time I am in Marrakech.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Charming atmosphere, close to the souqs, main square, etc. Not easy to find or get to, though, as you have to negotiate a maze of unpaved alleyways.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

Our holiday did not get off to the best start as my boyfriend lost/had his wallet stolen in Marrakech airport. However,this experience was soon forgotten once we'd entered the beautiful riad. Aatif, the manager, was extremely sympathetic and even phoned Marrakech airport for us to see if the wallet had been found.

Despite our late arrival Aatif spent time ringing around the best of the local restaurants until he had secured us a booking at the excellent Kozybar. He then got a member of staff, Samir, to accompany us to the restaurant so that we didnt get lost on our first night - it is a warren! After the stress of losing the wallet the peaceful riad was just what we needed. Aatif, Samir and the rest of the staff had lit candles everywhere and it looked stunning. The interior of the riad is actually better than it appears on the photographs. We stayed in the split level Zen room which has a lovely - and huge - bath and is beautifully decorated.

Breakfast was delicious and was served on the sunny roof terrace with views across the rooftops of marrakech. The Riad is well situated away from all the noise but is still only streets away from the action.

We received excellent personal service at Riad Habiba, nothing was too much trouble for them and they made everything easy. They are extremely attentive, predicting your needs before you even have to ask.

I would definitely return!!

• Liked — The extremely attentive staff and beautiful decor
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)