We arrived in Marrakech from Essaouira in mid-April, and with little trouble, made our way to this special boutique hotel, located in the Northwest part of the old city. Like many of the riads we visited in Morocco, some of the seemingly "questionable areas" often hold some of the nicest riads. When we arrived back at this riad at the end of our days in town, it was always soothing to pass through the door of Dar Dialkoum.
Laurent and Muriel have done a lovely job making this a place one sometimes hesitates to leave. Laurent was helpful the first day we arrived, and we chatted with him a number of times, about the area and the hotel's history. Muriel was lovely, and it was obvious that she, as did Laurent, genuinely cared about the guests while they visited Marrakech; she made a point of helping people prepare and orient themselves for their sorties out into the city. As a result, we were a bit sad to leave!
Our room was well appointed and the hotel is designed so people can enjoy the extra common space as extensions of their rooms. The main common areas are lovely, with a birds coming and going in the main floor atrium, a nice water feature to sooth the senses after a tough day in the souks, and a competent and friendly staff to help the excellent hosts make it all happen. We enjoyed the breakfasts in this environment, and the food was always good. There's also a fabulous rooftop terrace, with a pergola and a swanky Berber tent used as a shaded area, and nice views over the rooftops of Marrakech.
We also found Dar Dialkoum conveniently located close to one of the city gates, so we never had any difficulty finding taxis for long hauls around town, or when we headed out to the suburbs to see Les Jardins Majorelle, or Menara. All in all, a great place to stay when you visit Marrakech!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and Splendia so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech