Morocco can be a hectic place, so I did a lot of research beforehand in order to ensure that after long days of traveling and the chaotic cities, that my boyfriend and I could always come back to a peaceful 'oasis'.
I found Riad Dar Dialkoum via TA. I have to admit that when I realised that the Riad was run by a French couple, I was a little disappointed and was concerned our experience in the Riad might be "Europeanized" when we were looking to have authentic local experiences...
In hindsight i'm not so sure what I was worried about. I work in the Tourism industry as well and noone is in a better place to help travellers out than fellow travellers who have been established for a long time in a foreign country. Laurent & Muriel were incredibly generous with their time in explaining to us how to get around, how to spend what little time we had, and even how to avoid getting overcharged by the taxis! (And it worked! We were told to do exactly the opposite of what is written in the guidebooks and it worked a charm!).
We were asked to make ourselves at home, and it was not an empty offer. Breakfast is served at will, with exactly what you ask for and in any part of the Riad you would like it (.... and there are so many lovely spots to choose from! Your room, the terrace, the common lounge areas, the courtyard by the pool...). One day we even requested our breakfast at 1PM and Laurent didn't bat an eyelash!
The Riad is exactly as pictured in the photos.... it's stunningly beautiful and impeccably clean. We booked the "Yasmine" suite and were not disappointed.
In the spirit of leaving an honest and balanced review, i'd say that the only drawbacks were the poor wifi reception in certain areas of our room (despite Laurent & Muriel's herculean efforts! They have three different routers set up in order to get the best coverage possible). The other would be weak water pressure in the shower at times.
Neither of these really weighed on our experience though. And hey, we were in MOROCCO...
If you are thinking about staying here, don't hesitate. You'll feel right at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech