We had the most fantastic time at Dialkoum!
Laurent and Muriel arranged for us to be picked up at the airport which makes the start of the holiday so much better (I am used to arriving in foreign cities and being ripped off straight away by taxi drivers). When we arrived at the Riad we had a full 20 minute introduction to the city and what to do from Muriel which set the holiday off on the right foot (without her im not sure how we would have known where we were or what to do!)
The room was lovely and fitted perfectly with our needs. Breakfast every morning was lovely and one day we even had it up on the roof! There is also a tiny pool in the courtyard which is great for coming back after a sweaty day to cool off in.
They are great at thinking about the little things at the Riad. Encouraging you to drink and handing out free bottled water at request is not something that is necessary but makes a huge difference to the whole experience of Marrkakech. Tea and Coffee is available on request at any time and you genuinely feel that Laurent or Muriel will go out of their way to help you out.
Finally the location - situated near Bab Dukhala we thought it was the perfect place. Defiantly dont stay in the new city if you want to see the real Marrakech, the location of the Riad is close enough to be able to walk to the souks in 20 miuntes but far enough out that you also feel a bit more detached. Its so nice to be able to go back to a calm tranquil Riad after the hustle and bustle of the centre of town!
all in all 5*s - cant recommend highly enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and Splendia so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech