My 19yr old daughter and I stayed at Riad Dar Dialkoum from 19th to 24th June, 2013. We arranged transport from the airport and despite a long delay in our flight, the driver was still there to meet us. As you enter the Riad (through what my daughter referred to as the 'Alice in Wonderland door'), you are greeted by smiling faces and the most beautiful courtyard. We had arranged our first meal at the Riad and were not disappointed as the food is plentiful and delicious. Throughout our stay we had 'snacks' around lunchtime e.g. chicken and salad, keftas etc (all reasonably priced). We also ate at the famous La Maison Arabe and I would suggest that you are paying highly for the ambience (see separate review) but certainly not service and quality of food! Muriel and Laurent are excellent hosts. I had communicated with them regularly prior to our stay and through their recommendations, pre-booked a hamman and restaurants. In addition, Muriel arranged for a local woman to come to the Riad for my daughter to have a henna tattoo and each day the staff checked to see how this was and suggested ways to make it last longer. Both are keen that you treat the Riad 'as your home' and nothing is too much trouble. We stayed in both the Yasmina suite and Leila which were spacious, tastefully decorated and extremely comfortable. We also used all areas of the Riad e.g. the terrace and reading areas (wi fi signal particularly good here). The plunge pool was at it's best around 2.30/3pm when temperature reached 45 degrees in the shade!!! We found the location to be ideal however at night felt a little daunted returning to the Riad. I would suggest do not take a map out in the middle of the street which we did and were continually harassed (after this I wrote down directions and landmarks in a small notebook and used this). We paid no more than 30MAD for a petit taxi and 250MAD for the 'Grand Tour' on horse and carriage ride (excellent way to see all). The staff are excellent and you are always greeted with a smile. I spent each morning sunbathing on the terrace and was offered mint tea and water every day by the cleaner! My daughter had left a pair of very grubby plimsoles by her bed which were gathered up and scrubbed clean (daughter thoroughly ashamed, mother very grateful)!!! I would also like to mention that our room was cleaned every day (thoroughly) as well as all the public areas of the Riad. Our thanks to Muriel, Laurent and their staff for their hospitality. I would highly recommend this Raid to anyone visiting Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech