The service gets the bulk of the mentions in TA reviews, and for good reason. There are plenty of other reasons to stay here though:
LOCATION: Close to everything, away from it all. It's in the medina, so you get that quintessential Marrakech experience. It's on the edge of the medina though, so you can mostly avoid one part of the quintessential Marrakech experience you may want to avoid sometimes - getting lost. You're going to get lost at some point in the medina, and you're going to like it. But late at night when you're exhausted, not getting lost is pretty handy. Most of the major sites -including Jemaa el Fna - are within easy walking distance; but the immediate area around the riad is mostly food stalls. That means zero hassle from vendors (a nice break if coming back from the main souks), and terrific smells. And despite what Google Maps says (they have the riad's location absolutely wrong), the riad is on the side of the medina closest to Gueliz. Gueliz may not be traditional Marrakech, but it is very much part of today's Marrakech. In the amount of time it takes to walk to Jemaa el Fna, you can be in the heart of the new city. That's handy if you need a break from the medina.
VALUE: What was the last time you left a hotel and thought, "Man, I totally underpaid"? Yeah, it'll happen here. We got a free airport transfer for staying 3+ nights - the riad is easy to find, but the transfer is handy for that first time. Breakfast was included every day, and it was a good breakfast - yogurt, orange juice, bread, usually a second baked good of some kind, fruit, tea, eggs (on request). Fruit in your room. Mint tea on request anytime. Bottled water on request anytime. And all kinds of friendly, helpful advice. Which is why the bulk of TA reviews mostly mention...
SERVICE: Yeah, it's as good as advertised. Laurent spent about 10 mintues with us at check-in, providing all kinds of practical advice and suggestions. We didn't meet Muriel until late in our stay, but she was equally friendly and helpful. The staff knew what we needed about a half-second before we knew we needed it.
FACILITIES: The sounds of the city sound miles away in here. We heard a passing motorbike once or twice (the riad is tucked away in a very quiet alley). The call to prayer is just above a faint whisper. Several places throughout the riad in which to sit and relax. It's always a good idea to strike up conversation with fellow travelers; but if you want to spend alone time, you can do that without just staying in your room. Not that the room is a bad place to be - we stayed in Selima and found it just perfect. If you are sensitive to noise and like sleeping in, you may want to stay in one of the upstairs rooms - Selima is right next to the tables where breakfast is served every morning. Honestly though, my wife and I managed to sleep through breakfast time every day (not that it matters, because they'll serve you breakfast anytime).
It's not just that you have to stay here if you go to Marrakech; it's that you should probably go to Marrakech just to stay here. Perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech