We stayed here for 4 nights over half-term with our 7 year old son. We chose this riad based on all the fantastic reviews and we were not disappointed. We found the owners, Muriel and Laurent, really helpful both before we arrived through emails, and during our stay. They were full of advice and tips to help us make the most of our stay and feel more in control in the craziness of Marrakech (for example what we should pay for a taxi and to not to worry if people try and touch our son's blonde hair - apparently it brings good luck!). We loved the location of the riad -you have to walk down a normal/non touristy shopping street to get to it, and we felt it gave us a proper sense of the city. Watch out for the mopeds though! We stayed in the Soroya Suite which was a lovely sized room with a 4 poster bed and a big bathroom. There was a sitting area in the room and a bed was made up for our son on what I guess would normally be the sofa. He was very happy and comfy. We felt very relaxed staying here with our son and were happy to put him to bed in the evening and then either have a drink (worth mentioning that alcohol is available here as its not the case in every riad) on the roof terrace or dinner in the courtyard. The only thing that would have made our fabulous stay even better would have been a swimming pool on the gorgeous roof terrace as it was very hot. There is a small plunge pool in the courtyard which our son paddled in once, but ironically it was pretty cool and shady down there and the pool was too cold for him. All in all a lovely place to stay with fantastic staff. We would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech