Well, maybe it is too gentle to be "wow". You slip into this place like you belong here, eased in by unfussy, informal, charming, helpful hosts. The building itself is exceptional - two courtyards separated by a lounge area - so there is a lightness and a feeling of space you do not get in most riads, and you can always find a quiet corner to yourself if you wish it. I do not know if the riad attracts a nice crowd or if guests just react positively to the hospitality, but there was a happy feeling here.
It is a good location - easy walking down interesting, direct and lively routes to the centre of the Medina and also close to the old city walls with all their babs and, therefore, taxis. It is also on the right side of town for Gueliz so you are within an easy walk of a more Western atmosphere should you want it from time to time.
But most of all, a great debt of gratitude for the information and advice and the real effort that went into finding things out, digging for information, making arrangements. Thanks to all, though in this case, Muriel in particular. Merci.
No more Internet searches next time, unless Dar Dialkoum is booked out (though in that case we would most likely change our dates).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech