“Charming hosts, and comfortable clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Charming hosts, and comfortable clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at this Riad for one night in April 2013.

Laurent and Muriel are both really charming and helpful people, and make you feel welcome immediately you arive. The Riad itself is a beautiful place, and has a particuarly lovely roof terrace.

Our room was one of the cheaper rooms (I think) but was clean and comfortable with all that you would expect from an establishment of obvious quality.

The riads in Marrakesh really make your stay, as they can be wonderful oases of calm away from the frenetic pace of the city. Make sure you stay in a good one, like the Riad Dar Dialkoum.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I always wonder if a place is going to look as good as the photos, and most places don't. This riad is even more beautiful in person. The hosts are incredible, too. Lovely attentive staff, great food and a real oasis in an easy to reach spot in the medina. My husband and I loved it. Even if all those things weren't fantastic, the initial meeting with Laurent when we arrived would have made it worth our while to stay here. He took considerable time with us initiating us into the ins and outs of Marrakech. Information you don't get in a travel guide (and I tend to read extensively before going anywhere) was given to us and made our trip far better and more memorable than it would have been otherwise. Do yourself a big favour and book here.

Room Tip: We stayed in Hannah (one of the less expensive rooms) and it really could not have been nicer. Photo...
france
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We can only recommend this Riad. Not only is it beautiful and well kept, the service there is just amazing. Muriel and Laurent were fantastic hosts, as was the rest of the staff. They gave us lots of useful tips and were really welcoming.You feel part of the family.
This Riad feels like a home , very peaceful and when you want to have a break from the busy area.
Food is absolutely gorgeous (dont leave without having a lovely dinner in the courtyard).

Room Tip: We stayed in Malika on the first floor of the 2nd courtyard. Lovely room!
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Arrived April 1st to the 3rd and relaxed immediately we entered. Laurent greeted us and showed us to seats then asked what drinks we would like. The water,tea,coffee&mint tea are complimentary and you never feel pressured in any way. Any questions are answered aswell as great info on where to get money or places to eat etc. I came with my siter and her 2 daughters whom are vegetarians which was no problem. The riad staff cooked fantastic vegetable tagine and another night vegetable cous cous all terrific! Our twin room was beautiful aswell as very spacious.Muriel served our wine(prosecco I had brought over) in a bucket with ice and flutes and complimentary nuts and olives. They really are so hospitable we would highly recommend this riad.

Room Tip: Yasmina twin was great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kew,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights (27th & 28th March 2013) - the beginning of a seven night holiday in Morocco with our two children age 12 and 14. I'd originally been looking at more expensive Riads but when I saw the reviews on Tripadvisor I thought I would try this one. When I booked they only had suites Soraya and Leila left and although they are more expensive than the standard rooms they seemed reasonable compared to the other Riads I'd been looking at (which were nearer 200 euros per room per night).

In summary - I would recommend this Riad for the following reasons;
Ambience - quiet, spacious, friendly. Having arrived from a freezing cold, grey London we did really feel like we'd been transported somewhere totally different. There are lots of cosy places to sit and the plunge pool is lovely. It was much more spacious and private than I had expected;
Helpfulness - as previous commentators have said, Muriel and Laurent are both very friendly and helpful and their advice on where to go etc is really good;
Cleanliness - absolute nothing to fault;
Rooms - our two suites were great - large, private and atmospheric;
Breakfasts - as it turned out the breakfasts here were the best we had whilst in Morocco. Fresh orange, cheese, pastries, fruit and eggs;
Location - the Riad is on the edge of the Medina (within the walls) rather than in the heart of it. This was another reason why I booked as I thought we may see a little more of the 'less touristy' part of the Medina. I certainly felt we did. On arrival we had to walk through the streets (with the taxi driver who met us) to get to the Riad and I felt I was on a film set. One of the streets had some drainage works (basically open pits which you could fall into which you would just never see in Europe). At this point I looked at the rest of the families faces and they all looked a little concerned. However this is all part of the experience of visitng somewhere so different and also made the Riad feel so magical the minute we stepped behind the door off the street. The following day we had a 10/15 minute walk to get to the museums however this was so interesting as I did feel we saw a little more of the 'real' Medina.

I'm so glad I booked this Riad as it was a great start to our holiday and also to visiting Marrakech (which I had been a little worried about as people either seem to love or hate the city). In summary I would thoroughly recoomend Riad Dar Dialkoum and I would also stay there again should I go back to Marrakech.

Room Tip: The two suites Soraya and Leila were lovely
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the riad between 16th March until 22nd March 2013 and couldn't have had a better experience. Muriel and Laurent were wonderful hosts, and their staff are hard working, courteous and eager to assist.

Muriel and Laurent work opposite day shifts so we were greeted on day one by Muriel who gave us an excellent and useful chat on the pros and cons of staying in Marrakech, the best places to visit and a couple of places to eat. During our chat we were served with mint tea and Moroccan cakes (flavoured with orange blossom, excellent). She made us feel very welcome and as if we were the most important people to visit. (Of course I'm sure that every guess will feel that way too).

The riad is generous in size with several areas to sit and chill out, it was also was very peaceful. I rarely heard any noise from fellow guests. It is a great escape after all the craziness of the Medina.

We stayed in the Suite Soraya which was beautiful and generous in size. The bed was large, comfortable and firm, with smart cotton sheets. There is a large wardrobe with plenty of hanging space; lounge area, and a smashing shower room; complimentary fresh fruit and mineral water. The safe is one of the smaller size safes, typical of the type you find in most accommodation and this meant I couldn't fit my Ipad inside, however I had no problems at all, the staff came across as honest and considering both myself and my husband left our Ipads in our bedside drawers nothing was ever touched. (Obviously you would be taking your own risks in this situation but I can only speak as I find).
The room is It is a lovely calm environment with mellow lighting. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room but the staff will happily bring you some.

Whist the staff can not speak much English (with the exception or Muriel and Laurent) they had no problems understanding any requests we made for tea or coffee etc.. (Incidentally if you require a "normal" cup of tea ask for Lipton).

Top tip…. After a long day out and about Muriel said to make sure we used the pool and suggested it would be fine to bring the bathrobes down from our room and to sit and dip our sore feet in the pool whilst sipping mint tea and enjoying some super little cakes (all free and subsequently part of our every day routine).

Breakfast was great, always plentiful and fresh. Typically consisting of bread, soft cheeses (Laughing Cow), fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade crumpets, chocolate croissants, tea or coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice (and if you can possible manage anything else) eggs!

On our last day we checked out at midday, but our flight wasn’t until late afternoon. Laurent said this was not a problem and to treat the place as our home, so we sunbathed on the roof terrace whilst our cases were taken care of.

When it was time to leave I have to say we had grown very fond of the Muriel, Laurent and all of their team. They should be very proud of what they have achieved. I would not hesitate to go back and stay at the riad again. (We were very sad to leave)

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed in the riad for 3 nights in room Aicha. We enjoyed the riad - it is very beautifully made in a traditional style, has a lot of quiet areas to relax with couches, magazines and free tea & coffee. The terrace is nice, sunny with lounge chair. The owners are very nice and helpful, making you feel really welcome. They recommended us places to go incl. restaurants, shops, which turned out to be very good. Our only semi-positive experience was with one of the local helpers, who was not too forthcoming/ friendly and in summary probably has chosen the wrong job. Despite this small drawback, we can warmly recommend the riad and if we go back to Marrakech we will definitely go back to the riad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Dar Dialkoum? Share your experiences!