To start with: this was our first trip to marrakech, so we don't have a lot of comparison material. However, we've both travelled a lot, and this riad was one of the best experiences we've had so far.
Service: excellent. When we arrived at the airport, a cab driver was waiting to pick us up and brought us straight to the riads' doors. Here we were welcomed by the owner Laurent, with fresh mint tea and he explained the basics of the city to us (standard thngs like where the good food is, and the regular fare for a taxi..). Because the main suite was empty Laurent offered us to upgrade our room for free.
Room: excellent. The room was clean, and styled in such a way that traditional was mixed perfectly with a more modern European style. There was fresh fruit and bottled water in the room for free. Everything smelled very nice too, and there were flower leaves on the bed and towels.
Common area: excellent. The same as the room: also very detailed and stylish, fresh mint tea, coffee, water and fruits are at your disposal for free anytime of the day.
Extra service: because we hadn't planned out the entire stay we asked Muriel and Laurent for advice on the rest of our stay. They helped us with the reservations we wanted and planning a route through the desert, and reserve a vehicle. If we'd done it ourselves we would probably lost the entire day on emailing and calling. Instead we went to les jardins majorelles and watched the sunset at another place of which I forgot the name (if you want to know this ask Laurent or Muriel).
Thank you for a great stay!
Kasper & Saskia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech