We stayed here for 6 nights with our children. Laurent and Muriel were very helpful when we arrived. They seemed genuine and wanted to help us out. I was a bit taken aback on our way to the riad. But once you enter the riad, it is like a little oasis. It is quiet and peaceful and we felt at home. I also got used to the location. It is actually very convenient as it is in old part of the city but also close to the new part and very close to the taxi stand so you can take a taxi at anytime. I also felt very safe. The staff are helpful and friendly - although one of them could have been a bit more friendlier. Maybe we found her unfriendly due to the language problem. Khadija is a good cook and she made some nice soups. You get free tea, water and coffee.
the suites are really nicely decorated and I really liked suite Yasmina. our kids really enjoyed the stay.
just some small issues we had: hot water was not working properly in the room downstairs. so we had to go back and forth between our room and our mother's room. it was reapired on the first day and then again it stopped working. maybe because it was connected to the heater in the kitchen. they could try to put a separate heater for the room. the pillows were really hard. hey could do with getting some new pillows. although I found out that they do have some nice pillows- we just did not get them.
Laurent and Muriel helped out with places to visit, restaurants and spa. they also gave us their stroller. our kids sometimes did make some noise but they were really understanding about that and did not say anything.
The breakfast was good and we enjoyed it. but sometimes the pastries were not fresh.
They gave us a free upgrade for the last two nights and it was really nice.
Overall, it is a great place to stay in Marrakech with or without kids. we will stay here if we ever visit Marakech again. I have also recommended this place to our friends who are visiting Marakech soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and Splendia so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech