My husband and I spent 6 nights here in January and would go back tomorrow if we could. Here are five reasons (in no particular order) to stay at Dar Dialkoum:
1. It's a beautiful, relaxing retreat from the glorious chaos of Marrakesh. Way more luxurious than the price would suggest. Their policies of breakfast at any time, dinner at any time and free tea, coffee and water at all times also mean you don't have to jump out of bed at 8:30 on vacation if you don't want to.
2. The food is very good. If you are exhausted from a day walking and haggling in the Medina, you can come back to your room and while you clean up Rashida will prepare your delicious 3-course meal. The 20 euro prix fixe offers a lot of choice. Also, you can have a decent bottle of wine with your meal. Ask Laurent to suggest something.
3. The location. It's quick and easy to get to the heart of the Medina, but also close to the wall where you can get a (cheap) taxi to the new city.
4. Muriel and Laurent are charming, interesting people who will offer advice, stop for chat or leave you alone if you prefer. They can help guide you throughout your visit with helpful suggestions, but are never pushy (and they never ask if you did what they suggested which I always find a little awkward.) They are also very flexible and accommodating if you have a change of plans.
5. Their all-female staff work hard to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. As much as I could tell, they seem fairly treated and compensated.
Tips: (1) Go ahead and ask for an extra pillow, they don't mind.
(2) order the tomato with honey starter.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a guest house located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our cooker will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Splendia so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.