My friend and I stayed at the Riad 4 nights and couldn’t have asked for a more welcoming and peaceful place. The Riad is beautiful and the owners Laurent and Muriel make you feel at home. Its the perfect location as its just inside the city walls of the medina giving you an authentic experience and good access to both the old city and the new city.
I would recommend you book the airport taxi with the Riad beforehand as the place is not easy to find. I must admit when we got dropped off by the taxi on our first night we thought have we got the right place as all we saw was market stalls, people, bikes,chickens .... we were then guided through a maze of small passageways to the Riad (be pepared to get lost but its all part of the adventure and we, 2 girls, found it to be perfectly safe)
Once the Riad door opens you will receive a warm welcome and taken to the courtyard which is beautiful and very relaxing. We were seated, given mint tea and Laurent spent around an hour talking to us and helping us with information about the city and surrounding areas to visit as well as helping us mark places on our map. We found this really valuable especially as it was our first time in Morocco. Nothing is too much trouble; Laurent and Muriel want you to feel at home and to enjoy your time. They will even give you their mobile numbers in case you need any assistance at any time.
The Riad itself is very quiet, peaceful and clean. It has a range of beautiful Moroccan rooms to cater for a range of budgets. There is a lovely terrace to eat and sunbath/relax and chill out areas to read. The breakfast was very good (selection of fruit, pancakes, bread, yogurt, eggs, juice and coffee) offered whatever time you got up or fancied it. We were even offered free bottled water for our room and to take out with us, as well as free mint tea /coffee with biscuits any time we fancied which was very much appreciated. If you need to change money you don’t need to worry as the Riad will do this and if need help on getting a taxi again this can be arranged. Laurent even helped us on our last day to get a cheaper taxi from the street to the airport to save us money as we were running out.
Marrakesh can be busy, noisy, with some charming locals but also some annoying locals who will pester you and sometimes even be quite rude which you have to try and ignore. You have to go with a relaxed and open attitude and be prepared to get lost as many of the roads don’t have the street names and can look very much the same. You also need to take care with anyone behind the wheel whether a car, motor bike, bike etc as many just aim for you and refuse to move out your way! If it all gets too much the Riad is a heaven to return to.
All in all we couldn’t have asked for a better place to stay, the Riad really made our holiday and we had a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia and T4B so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech