“Absolute perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Clementine

You added Riad Clementine to your Saves list
Riad Clementine
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Derb Sidi Messaoud 38 | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #48 of 1,102 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Surrey
“Absolute perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, however as I use trip advisor regularly to 'check things out' I felt I had to contribute after such a wonderful trip. I researched Riads in the Medina thoroughly as I am VERY fussy!!! I finally settled on Riad Clementine and all I can say it that if you are going to Marrakech then you must stay here. The owners - Angela and Antoine, have clearly put their heart and soul into the Riad. They strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and nothing is too much trouble for them. We stayed in Room 5, which was on the first floor with the pool and would highly recommend this room. We had a huge bathroom and the room was beautiful with lots of authentic little touches. We swam in the evening and sometimes we were the only ones using the pool so felt like we had a private terrace. Sun hats and towels were provided for everyone so you don't need to bring towels! Our rooms were cleaned regularly and someone came in to close the curtains each night! It was my partners birthday when we were there so we booked to eat in the Riad on the first night and they made a special effort of bringing a cake out with candles and singing Happy Birthday to him - thankyou Angela - it was a lovely surprise for him! We only stayed for 3 nights and wished it had been longer! We ate in the Riad once and ate out twice at restaurants and I must say, the food in the Riad was by far the best meal we had there. If we had stayed longer we would have eaten there for the rest of our stay. We were recommended La Sultana restaurant by a friend and whilst this was in a very plush and beautiful Riad, the whole evening seemed to lack atmosphere. Trip advisor had stated that it had a beautiful terrace with wonderful views over the Medina which was not true. Yes, it had a wonderful terrace, and a romantic setting, however there were no views at all. The meal was quite expensive (we had the taster menu), and the entertainment ( a man singing with his guitar) was quite annoying after a while! The last night Angela recommended Le Marrakchi, which was in the square. This meal was half of the price of La Sultana and we enjoyed it much more. The restaurant is air conditioned with fantastic views over the square and the meal was great though still not as good as the Riad! Angela was also fantastic with her advice in regards to dealing with the hustle and bustle of the Medina. The first day was quite daunting and she explained to us that we need to be firmer and how much we would need to pay in taxi fares etc.! Tip - make sure the taxi knows where he is going as we had one who didn't know the way to the new part of town and stopped to ask his friend and then still dropped us miles away from where we wanted to be!!!!! We also took a tour to the Atlas mountains which Angela arranged - this was a day trip which I thoroughly recommend. I could go on forever about how wonderful our stay was! I would just like to thank Angela and Antoine (and Mohammed) for making our stay so wonderful and will recommend Riad Clementine to everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 5 which was perfect and I would choose this again. I looked in Room 6 which was a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but our experience was so good here I feel compelled to.

My girlfriend and I stayed here initially for two nights but liked it so much we had to come back. We spent two weeks travelling around Morocco and Riad Clementine was our favourite place. Everything about the Riad was perfect, from the staff, to the owners, the food, the decor and the service. We couldn't have wished for a better place to stay in Marrakech and will certainly be going back.

The proprietors Angela and Antoine were amazing hosts and have created a real gem in the heart of Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I would argue that this is the best riad in the whole of Marrakech, I just don't see how it could be improved upon AT ALL! The quality and attention to detail is astonishing (dressing gowns and slippers provided, straw sun hats provided on the terrace, luxury toiletries, cotton wool, thick and soft towels). The bed and pillows were of the highest quality and extreemly comfortable, the room was spacious and tastefully decortaed in an understated manner, this place just oozes class. The pool, wow such a treat to have a rooftop pool in the medina. It is clean and we didn't have to share it once as even though there are quite a few rooms in this riad, this place really retains a peaceful and authentic vibe. The service is top class, friendly, professional, discrete, I just don't see how it could be impoved upon. We loved that you could eat luch and dinner too (just tell them you want dinner in the morning as they buy everything fresh that day), and dinner is a set menu of the most delicious food! We ate it twice and it was magical, soft music, candles, wine (another rarity in the medina walls) and fabulous fresh food (One nights menu was saffron mouse to start, veggie tagine (chicken for my husband) and the most amazing panna cotta for dessert). Really you must stay here i assure you it's a dream!

Room Tip: Maybe asked for a room on the first floor or top floor for more privacy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rabat, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The owner guided me in by phone to an area with plentiful parking just inside the medina gates (if you know Marrakech, it is the bab or gate right behind the bus station/gare routiere...opposite the Aswak Assalam). He immediately dispatched a gentleman on a moped to guide us the last 200 meters by foot to the riad and help with our bags.

One of the best things about Riads is feeling like you have stepped out of the hustle and bustle into the calm...Riad Clementine does this to perfection. It is a good 10 degrees cooler and smells divine the moment you enter. The decor is clean, simple and elegant. It has fruit trees and a fountain in the main court yard and Moroccan but modern decor.

The rooms are lovely, spacious and our bathroom had this fantastic dropped tub you have to see to believe. Wonderful bathrobes and a wonderful and clean little pool were so welcome after a hot day in the medina.

The owners can show you how to easily navigate the backroads to the main shopping streets...10 mins max by foot. You can also easily walk to the Majorelle gardens...a wonderful change from the hot and crowded streets. We ate at the Riad two nights in a row (its the easiest option with a baby) and the food both times was excellent. The staff were also friendly and welcoming.

All in all, I can't say a bad thing about it.

Room Tip: We liked our room with the dropped tub. on the same level as the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm a hotel snob so spent lots of time looking for a good riad in Marrakech before settling on Riad Clementine. My wife and I were driving around Morocco and wanted to treat ourselves and this riad was the perfect place. The aesthetic is calm and refreshing compared to some other riads that are perhaps truer to historic form but go a bit overboard on mosaics and pillows. The riad is owned by a couple, Antoine and Angela, who were extremely friendly and helpful.

Our room and the bathroom was very nice. The pool and terraces with loungers were a great addition and one of the reasons I picked the riad -- after walking around the souks it was great to come back for a dip in the pool.

It's also got a great location: while it's in the medina it is only a couple blocks from the medina walls, so it was an easy, 15-minute walk into the Ville Nouvelle area of Marrakech. We'd explore the medina during the day and then head into the Ville Nouvelle in the evening for a different atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This Riad was recommended by the travel agent and it turned out to be wonderful. We stayed here for two nights and loved every minute of it. The owners provided us with a warm welcome and were on hand to explain all about the riad and its surrounding sights.

The room had a wonderful mix of Moroccan charm complimented by crisp linens and plush towels. The swimming pool (plunge pool) was on the same level as the room, making it great to just jump in after a day seeing the sights.

We made the most of our first evening by having dinner on site which was a set menu. It was beautifully prepared Moroccan food.

This Riad is within the main walls but is a good 15 minute walk from the main square. Is suited us perfectly.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a fabolous stay at enchanted Riad Clementine. I can highly recommend this beautiful retread in midst of buzy Marrakech to all those people out there, who adore special interior, sensuality and discrete but very professional service. The hosts and owners are very kind people. We felt at ease and at home. Thank you very much!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Clementine? Share your experiences!