Our stay at the Riyad Al Moussika, and the attention everyone provided us, are what made our trip so memorable. The Riyad, with its intricate decor, are uniquely Arabesque and took us back to a by-gone era. We stayed in the Blue Room, which was very comfortable, had all the modern amenities and still maintained its Moroccan charm. From the music in the courtyard to the fragrant soap in the palatial bathroom, no detail was forgotten. The food was authentically Moroccan and superb, as were the afternoon tea and desserts. We never hassled with a taxi to or from the airport, and were assisted with any excursion outside the Old City as well as with any walking tour through the Medina. In short, our every need from a hotel in a distant country was met by the Riyad Al Moussika.
However, it cannot go unmentioned that anytime my wife and I recount our trip to Marrakech, we remember the fantastic staff. Aalal's warm welcome, the multi-tasking and efficient Hassan, Kamal's cheer and smile, Toufic's attentiveness and Badar's sharp focus will stay with us for years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech