My wife and I stayed at Riyad al Moussika mid-May 2013 and can only give it the highest praise. We arrived very early in the morning and from the moment we walked through the door we were welcomed "to our 2nd Home". Though we didn't expect our room to be anywhere near ready for us, within 45 minutes we were in that beautiful room. Each unique, authentically ornate, ultra-clean with fantastic linens, sizable and peaceful. We arrived in a heat wave (100+F) and the beautiful courtyard, lush plantings and first rate air conditioning cooled and calmed us.
The staff - led impeccably by the manager, Hassan - was outstanding. Not just because of their professional and Fine (with a capital F) service, but most importantly for their warmth and heart. No one we encountered ever had anything else in mind but our comfort. Really unusual. We left the Riyad to spend a week in the desert and when we returned, we were welcomed as if we were the closest and dearest of family.
Dinner at Pepe Nero was very nice. And exceedingly handy. We ate there 3 times. Breakfasts were abundant and elaborate.
I really could go on but I encourage people to try it for themselves. I cannot imagine disappointment. Again, thanks to Hassan and his outstanding staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech