Perfectly situated, a very short trouble free walk from Jamaa El Fna square, this little oasis is such a welcome 'home' after a days outing. The staff are kind and professional. Nothing seems too much bother for anyone involved within this Riyad.
The five rooms are traditionaly decorated and individual and about as far away from a chain hotel as can possibly be. Having visited La Mamamounia with a speculation for future visits, we both agreed that our first choice on return will definitely be Riyad al Moussika.
Inside the Riyad is two courtyards, one of which has a swimming pool, small, narrow and long but fed from a fountain full of rose heads and petals. The second courtyard hosts breakfast and dinner.
The secluded roof terrace is nice for an early evening pre dinner drink.
Beds are really comfortable, a must for being away from the comforts of home.
Cleanliness and hygene is faultless.
Everything is in it's place here.
The Riyad also incorporates the PepeNero restaurant, open in the evenings. Lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech