We had booked to stay here for three nights on a recent trip to Morocco, however, due to a problem with our booking we had to spend the first night in a neighbouring riyad - a 3 minute walk away. The Riyad Al-Moussika staff were most apologetic and up-graded us for the two remaining nights to a superior suite, plus a bottle of Proseco. Although this did not actually give us any hardship, it was a bit annoying to be told of the change a full month after our initial booking. Despite this we loved our time there and thoroughly recommend this riyad for a realxing stay in Marrakech.
We were met by an hotel representative at the airport who took over our luggage and provided a car/taxi which delivered us to the riyad and a welcome drink. The staff, headed by Hassan were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them during our stay. The up-graded suite - Al Azrak or the Blue Suite - was large with delightfully decorated ceilings, a large walk-in wardrobe, 4 poster bed, tables, chairs and a desk. The stunning bathroom was well equipped and contained the largest bath I have ever seen - 10ft x 5ft x 3ft deep - which was totally impractical but fun - there was a shower!
The whole of this riyad is stunning with elegant balconies, a courtyard that doubles as a restaurant - Pepe Nero (see Trip Advisor restaurant guide), various dining and sitting rooms and a roof terrace. Breakfast was excellent with fresh orange juice and pastries, toast, various eggs and all served on the terrace.
Riyad Al-Moussika is a delightful and elegant building situated in a small, quiet lane and less than a 10 minute walk through narrow lanes to the exciting and colourful market square and souk in the Marrakech Medina. We had a really pleasant stay, thank you Hassan and your staff.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 5 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.