This was our first trip to Marrakech and Morocco, and what a wonderful welcome it was to stay at this haven of peace, charm and elegance in the bustling medina - steps away from the action, but extremely quiet, located at the end of a small alley.
We were picked up at the airport (included in our room rate) around 11pm, and, after a 15-min drive, arrived at the Riyad, transported into a different world, a different age... Mr. Hassan and Abdel, who were fantastic hosts around the clock, greeted us with mint tea in the courtyard, our bags were taken care of, and we immediately felt at home.
We absolutely loved our large room (the Al Alzrak suite or "blue suite"), which gave out on one of the courtyards. It has a large fourposter bed, from which you can gaze up to the beautifully painted wooden ceiling, and is tastefully furnished, has a huge walk-in closet, and a separate entrance that leads to the roof terrace. The marble bathroom is amazing, with the largest bath tub (with three steps!) ever - you could almost swim in it, fit for an emperor! As it gets quite cold at night in December-January, the excellent heating system (on when we arrived) was most welcome.
All personnel was very friendly, and pur hosts went out of their way to make this a memorable stay. They helped us to rent a car for a week for our explorations beyond Marrakech (excellent, brand new vehicle for reasonable price, delivered at the Riyad), and, when we left, Abdel drove in front of us on his scooter to show us the way out of town!
The Riyad also has an excellent restaurant, Pepenero, which serves fantastic Italian and Moroccan food. We ate here every evening, in the courtyard, as the food was so good, and the ambience fabulous. We were offered a glass of prosecco free of charge, with a delicious amuse bouche. It is important to book a table, as the restaurant has an excellent reputation as one of the very best in town, so many people come to dine or have lunch.
Breakfast is a feast as well, with delicious orange juice, fresh fruits, excellent yoghurt, eggs any style, Moroccan pancakes, croissants, rolls and much more!
We enjoyed our two nights (26 and 27 December) in the Riyad Al Moussika so much that, after our week of touring, we decided to stay there again for our last night in Morroco. We weren't disappointed: same warm welcome, and very relaxing last day. We were offered the same room, discounted because we came back!
We strongly recommend the Riyad Al Moussika and would not hesitate to return. Many thanks to the hosts and their staff for such a delightful stay.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 5 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.