This must be one of the best riads to stay in Marrakech. There is a plunge pool in the courtyard surrounded by lit lanterns at night and lush tropical plantations everywhere. The riad has a roof terrace, a library and an excellent restaurant Pepe-Nero for dinner (warning: you need to book at least 24 hours in advance as it is very popular). The manager Hassan gave us a very warm welcome and was very attentive, polite and helpful throughout our stay and did everything possible to ensure our comfort and that we were looked after at all times. Abdel-Kadir served us breakfast daily and is very charming, chatty and attentive. Our suite was huge with a four-poster bed and a separate hallway; the bathroom had a very deep wide bath. Moroccan lanterns hanging from the ceilings. The riad felt like a small palace and a haven of peace away from the mayhem of the city outside. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 5 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Prestigia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.