I’m a British expatriate leaving in Rabat and this year I decided to visit with my wife and 3 sons, Marrakech a city that I knew so far only superficially. To be in touch as deep as possible with the local Moroccan living reality we decided to book our holydays in a riyad and Riyad Al Moussika has been our choice thanks to the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and we were completely satisfied with it.
This riyad despite is central location in the old medina, very closed to the main square Jemâa el F’na, is accessible by car and there is a parking very closed to it where we left our car at a very cheap daily fees .
From the entrance we were transported to another world ...One thousand and one nights...Really amazing ambience.
We were received by Hassan, the very efficient and helpful manager, whit the traditional mint tea and exquisite Moroccan patisserie.
Our rooms were immaculate, with comfortable beds and very nice Moorish decoration: My wife and I, we stayed in the green suite with has the advantage of a private terrace and loggia in front of the room and my sons in a comfort room overlooking the swimming pool with the entrance on the same landing. The breakfast a la carte was plentiful...One of the best coffee and orange juice I ever had and the selections of viennoiserie so fresh and tasty that we always left the basket empty.
I was reluctant to try the hammam and the massage, but my wife succeeded to convince me, (as always), and I shared the experience with her... It’s incredible how better you feel after.
The luxurious ambience of this hotel and the relaxing atmosphere captured us in a way that we were quite reluctant to go out..., but we visited all museums and of course the souks that are all at a walking distance.
Riyad Al Moussika is the good place to stay to discover Marrakech and to experience a wonderful sojourn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Prestigia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech