I treated my wife to a surprise 40th Birthday present, a trip to Riyad Al Moussika.
The whole experience was tremendous, from checking in to checking out.
We gave the Riyad our Flight details and they took care of private transfers from and to the airport. Transfer time only 15-20 mins.
We stayed in the Green Room, which has it's own private rooftop terrace and it's own balcony overlooking the pool. The room itself was amazing and very clean, from the intricate details around the bed to the large bathroom, with enormous walk in shower. Bed was very comfortable and was made up everyday, whilst we were at breakfast.
Breakfast was included in the stay, and was very plentiful. Fresh orange juice, honey infused yoghurt, mixed fruit, pancakes/crepes with honey, toast with homemade marmalade and lots of fresh coffee. We didn't have to eat again until dinner!!
The staff were always available and ready to make us reservations at other venues.
We ate twice at Pepe Nero's, which is also located in Riyad Al Moussika, the food was that good. You could choose between Morrocan or Italian food and there was a good wine selection.
We also had a Hammam and massage at the Riyad, which was brilliant, we both felt completely refreshed, clean and relaxed - worth the €40 each.
For nervous first timers to Marrakesh, this is an excellent place to stay. One member of staff escorted us all the way to Djemaa El Fna square (about 5-10 mins walk), giving us useful tips along the way - saved us a lot of money. Just watch out for the Mopeds.
In conclusion, I would rate our stay and Riyad Al Moussika as unforgettable.
A big thank you to Hassan and all his staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Prestigia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech