We stayed in Dar el Souk with four people (two couples) in two rooms this November. First the good things:
- location (you walk within 10 minutes to the square)
- interior and exterior (completely in Moroccan style)
- staff is very helpful and gives you a lot of information, they are also very friendly
- good communication (in e-mail, and also during our stay)
- airport transfer was very convenient
- clean rooms
The rooms are quite different, of course in colours, but also in the bed size and bathroom. Rooms are small, but you're mainly outside anyway. There are also some bad things:
- beds are rock hard (why management!), after three nights my back was very painful
- wifi is bad, only in main salon, but very slow or not working
- staff is gathering around with their friends at night (quite strange in my opinion)
- very noisy, you can hear everything from every room
- breakfast is very poor (bread, marmelade, pancake and coffee/tea). If you want something extra you have to ask every time (like eggs, fruit etc)
A suggestion is also that they make a leaflet with some basic information (like breakfast time, possibilities for dinner, wifi password etc etc). We had to ask for everything. It would have been nice if the riad just provides this information proactively.
Most of the things are very easy to fix, or just don't bother if you're staying here. But given the price, I would like to see better beds and a full breakfast at least.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Dar el Souk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar El Souk Marrakech
- Dar El Souk Hotel Marrakech