This place is a hidden gem in the heart of Marrakech within the walls of the old city. We stayed here for 4 nights in July, and we absolutely adored it. It's the perfect getaway for couples wanting a break away from the norm to relax and recharge. Here's some quick facts:
1. Location. Perfectly positioned right in the heart of the old city; 5 mins walk to Koutoubia Mosque, El Fnna Square and the Souks, and 5 mins taxi to Guileuz.
2. Riad & Facilities. There is no one word that sums it up, but if I had to in a few words: authentic, unique, warm, homely, cosy, private, tranquil, clean. There are 3 private pools, a cinema room, bar and library. Breakfast on the terrace is amazing, also recommend the hamam and massage - which was phenomenal.
3. Service & Staff. This is what makes the difference at this place, service is top notch. All of the staff are welcoming , accommodating and always smiling. Thank you especially to Yulia, Latifah and Megan (for tips on attractions and local info!).
Highly recommended and can't wait to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 20 individually styled rooms and suites, a four-bedroom private riad, 3 swimming pools and its own hammam spa, El Fenn is a unique boutique hotel combining grandeur and historic architecture with hideaway nooks, terraces and gardens - making it the most peaceful place from which to enjoy Africa's most exotic city.Our story began with two friends on the hunt for a small riad to buy as a holiday home. It was 2002 when Vanessa Branson and Howell James walked into the almost ruined courtyard of one of Marrakech's formerly great private homes. Nearing dusk and with the sound of the muezzin's call to prayer echoing in the air, they instantly fell in love with the atmospheric house which was being sold with three smaller neighbouring homes. They soon realised that their holiday home was going to become so much more.At the time, only a handful of Marrakech's riads had been converted to small hotels and Vanessa and Howell knew they wanted to open a place offering something different – a home from home retreat that combined great food and service with the spirit of the building's past and a contemporary decorative twist. During a two-year renovation, local craftsman used traditional techniques to breathe new life into the building. Polished lime plastering was used in a rainbow of colours to create walls, baths and bed frames, original tiling was renovated and carved cedar ceilings restored. Retro furniture sourced from local flea markets was combined with one-off bespoke pieces to create a unique interior. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your El Fenn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Fenn Marrakech
- Riad El Fenn Hotel Marrakech