From the pictures online we thought we were in for a treat...how wrong we were! Immeditately as we arrived we realised we had made a mistake, the "resort" is in the middle of nowhere, and is not romantically flanked by the atlas mountains and palm groves as described, the place is in the middle of a wasteland.
This review would be far too long if I go into every detail of the disappointment with this hotel, so a list below of the main negative features:
* Service either non-existant or unfriendly (example, options for meals, activities etc dictated to us on arrival, being pushed past in passage ways numerous times by staff, (not once did they stop to let us go by), restaurant service unprofessional, overall impression was that the staff really couldnt care less if we were there or not, we were not once approached or acknowledged by anyone during our stay.
* Welcome "cocktail" (non-alcoholic warm syrup juice).
* Room, dimly lit, dirty EVERYWHERE, sheets worn and old.
* Hotel dirty everywhere, restaurant, rooms and public areas, in particular the sun loungers near the pool. Pool area also smells constantly of manure as the donkeys/camels are housed nearby (also loads of flies because of this reason).
*Breakfast laid out and COVERED in flies. Even though it was available until 10.30am, it was packed away earlier than this on our second morning there, and staff made it clear that it was a hassle to have to bring something out for us (even though we were there half hour before breakfast finished!). Thinking of the breakfast covered in flies still makes me cringe!
*Limited free shuttle to town (so stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no option other than have to purchase the over priced drinks, food etc). In the end we had to pay high prices for taxis so we could stay away from the hotel for as long as possible.
* Had dinner at hotel on first night (as it was the only option given the location), starter ok, main INEDIBLE, dessert unavailable. Half the things on the menu unavilable. Atmosphere terrible, with TV blaring in background.
* Of the "4 bars" only 1 was running, which had a shelf behind it covered in dust, with 4 near empty bottles and nothing else but dust.
*Noise all night, didnt sleep at all
*Taxi to airport cost us 200 DH, and even though this was supposed to be our direct transfer to the airport, we had to make several detours to drop staff off at different destinations in Marrakech along the way (?!?).
These are the outstanding reasons (I could go on further but for the purpose of the review I think you get the idea...).
Of the four places we stayed at while in Morroco this was over double the price of the others and BY FAR the worst (everywhere else we stayed was great and the service amazing!). I tried to find a redeeming feature in this hotel that justifies the prices they charge, but found absolutely nothing. If we had paid half the price it still would have been for too high given the standard of this hotel.
In short, I have never been more dissapointed with a hotel before, and would strongly reccomend not to stay here. We booked this for our last 2 nights in Marrakech, and had we been staying for longer we would have left immediately and found alternative accomodation. Morocco is an amazing country, with amazing people, and it is such a shame we ended our vacation at a hotel like this....
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Kasbah Le Mirage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kasbah Le Mirage Marrakech