“A great vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie

Save Saved
You added Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie to your Saves list
Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Sidi Yahya la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #203 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Geneva, Switzerland
“A great vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Spectacles and food were great, really! The place is also beautiful, and there are a lot of sports to do there. The SPA is really a wonderful and relaxing place.
About GOs, as they asked it: the reception team was very sympathetic (Elisabeth, Marie and Elodie), Anouar from the financial part also, Salah from sports, and the team bar: Hector and Nabil. Quentin is really a great animator, but not so good for human relationships. And Amine from sports really non sympathetic, it's a shame.
Anyway, I'd really like to go to this Club Med again, it was really a beautiful weeks and nice memories now.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hermosa Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is our 10th Club Med vacation and cannot be recommended more. We began going to CM in 2006 and it never disappoints! Marrakech La Palmeraie has a wonderful location and property -- but the key to the club are the GO's. As always the team is talented professional and friendly. The club is very international (accent on French), and the food, lodging, entertainment and atmosphere is fantastic. You can visit the Medina & Souks via a 10 minute bus ride, (bus provided by the Club), and you can see the small local villages and extravagant homes & hotels during the morning organized walks. There are plenty of sports to do, two wonderful pools (one heated/one not) and the most amazing Archery Team (thank you Ansou & Hyacinthe). Morocco is a wonderful country to visit full of nice people, Club Med is a wonderful way to enjoy your visit to Marrakech.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Kasbah area are well located. Sometimes there's a bit of a wait for Hot Water when...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
San Isidro, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have been to 3 Club Med in family, Yucatan, Bali and now Marrakech Palmeriae, GREAT in capital letters
Food, attention, sports, even golf!, night spectacle , everything was great
We were lucky with the weather, no pool....but a the rest was done
Just one comment for the manager, for our wives sake: change the hair dryers!

Stayed February 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Everybody was raving about club med in Switzerland so the expectations were obviously quite high. To put softly, it was not what I expected from a Luxurious resort.. The rooms were "smelly" and not very clean. It's quite old hotel and needs a renovation. The pools, spa and fitness were very good! Also the bar and the animation was very good. The food was Ok, but definately not great.. Enough choice but the quality of the ingredients were not fantastic. The marrocan restaurant is not worth making a reservation as the food they serve is also there in the buffet.. No, I will stick to the RIU chain and not book again Club Med. Ps: it' full of French people....

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

For some reason the hotel placed a block on my credit card and did not remove it when I checked out, even though my bill was fully paid immediately. I did not find out until a week after leaving when I went to use my card. Then followed many lengthy calls to the credit card company and then the hotel, trying to get them to send a simple fax to the credit card company to correct their error. Still in that process now.

The block will get removed automatically in a week anyway, but this is incorrect and unfair. There was no problem with my bill nor have they made any attempt to contact me or indicated that there was any problem or reason for the block. Simply poor administration, communication and service on their part.

The stay was OK, pleasant enough but right now I am in no mood to recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I spent 9 days at La Palmeraie together with my 4-year old and would go back anytime (if only the world wasn't so big and there wasn't so many other places to discover). By way of disclaimer, let me start by saying that the Club Med caters mostly to French speaking guests; my mother tongue is French, so both my son and myself could communicate with the staff and other guests without problems. The staff makes effort to speak English to non-French speakers, but I could understand if one felt a bit isolated from the action, as this is a very francophone environment. The Club Med also has its own style compared to similarly priced resorts, it's worth doing some research before committing a large sum of money into a trip in order to ensure that you get what you're really looking for.

Our regular Club room was fairly large, in a traditional rustic style building. Although the red building material (cement?) could look a bit dusty, the room was very clean. We had enough storage space for all the stuff we brought with us, and the large shower area enables me to wash my son thoroughly without making a mess in the bathroom. There was a terrace where I could lay out clothes to dry or sit when Junior was asleep. No WIFI in the rooms, which was a bit of a bummer, but free WIFI in the reception and bar. The area is big, be prepared for quite a bit of walking or request a room close to whatever you want to be close to.

Of the multiple activities on site, we only really used the family pool (there is also a quiet pool, looked very peaceful) and the mini-club. Junior was very well taken care of by the staff, he was a bit scared at first since it was his first time, but he had fun there every morning while I had some me-time. I had a facial and a massage at the beautiful spa; both were very satisfying, although not out of this world fantastic. We also went on a camel ride arranged by the club, it was great fun and I actually enjoyed it a lot more than previous camel rides I've done, if anything because they made us gallop. We used the free shuttle to the Medina twice and got back to the hotel by taxi.

The food is great, one of the big advantages of staying in a French run club. There was always something good to find at the buffet (different theme each night), and I managed to spend 9 days without my son noticing that there was a kids' buffet. We always ate outside, either at small table or at larger tables where other families sometimes joined us. This is something I really appreciated at the Club Med, travelling alone with a kid doesn't have to be lonely as other guests were very friendly with us. One can buy local and foreign wine from a wine list, however the local wine included in the package is drinkable (but mostly too warm so you have to add ice cubes).

The local staff was very courteous and were full of attentions for Junior. The GOs were extremely friendly and engaging, I have a lot of respect for all the work they do, from leading activities to socialising with guests at dinner and organising great shows. The chef de village's wife was so nice to me when my son went AWOL one night following dinner; I wanted to die in shame for all the trouble it must have caused them but she brushed it off in a very graceful way.

Overall, this stay really made me want to go back to the Club Med, and our son keeps asking when we can go back. I loved the well organised machine, the laid back atmosphere and the friendliness of everyone, and I will definitely favour Club Med in the future when travelling alone with my son.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a fantastic week there - and would like to go back for more than a week soon. Our boys (twins aged 9) had a terrific time, they ADORED the Mini Club Med GOs - especially a huge thanks to Lassad (who let them choose what they wanted to do, and treated them like the big kids they are!) and Antony. The caring environment was just what the kids need - and teh variety of activities!! We loved the fact that the Kids Club did fun things while the parents ate, not just sitting the kids in front of a movie.
We also found the Zen pool to be an oasis of calm, to enjoy a good book. The service there was AMAZING - I believe the main "butler" was Rachid - in any case, it was service with a real smile and a genuine desire to please. This was one of the best things about the entire vacation.
The spa is also exceptional. The treatments, but also the relaxing quiet area, looking a a serene pond with water lilies. Absolutely heavenly.
The Chef de Village was also exceptionally nice and open. We had a problem with the internet access, and both my husband & I need to work so this was a real issue - and he helped. We resolved it. The problem with accessing the internet with a work computer is something that Club Med really needs to fix - globally.
In sum, we are definitely going back to Club Med La Palmeraie. It was absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie? Share your experiences!