“Top soleil” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie

Save Saved
You added Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie to your Saves list
Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Sidi Yahya la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #208 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Top soleil”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went for the sun and we got it which always makes for a great holiday. This location is really well setup for lounging by the pool interspersed with sporting activities. As a golfer I loved the facilities - brilliant for honing short game. Horse riding excellent, tennis great. Land sports were a little disorganised though - only an issue if petanque, darts, table tennis are your thing. Probably not fair to be too personal in commentary here but CDV needs to be more guest focused - a little to into self for my liking. tennis tournoi not run properly because cdv wanted to play tennis with instructor!. Now that said - great food, good evening entertainment - excellent mini club (our 4 year old loved it). With no seaside we were worried the pool would be busy but not at all - its huge - a fantastic pool in fact - 2 shallow ends. separate quiet pool for those not wanting the noisy kids experience. for me a special mention to medical team. responded immediately to a last day emergency - nurse there immediately, doctor within 45 mins. all advise confirmed as correct on return to uk. Kidney stones not good to have on holiday!!!. So all in all - go to this place - its good fun.

Room Tip: Upstairs for a sunny balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

975 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a splendid resort, if you speak French. Gorgeous setting--a true oasis of tranquility. However,nearly all the guests are from France and no English is spoken (save for a few utterances which are not really understood). It is a 15-minute linguistic ordeal to make a reservation at a restaurant or make a simple request from the front desk staff. No linguistic effort is made to accommodate English speakers.

Unlike other Club Meds I have been to, the GO's are sort of - bashful. Someone forgot to explain the role of Go's in Club Meds. Hard to believe. Entertainment in the evenings is poor and completely French based.

Public areas are beautiful, but the rooms, unfortunately, are slightly better than 3 stars (with Moroccan design). On the upside -- the food is fabulous. And the sports activities and lessons are impressive and fun, and in French, of course.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

First the positives: lovely buildings and grounds, very much an oasis of tranquillity. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated with a pleasant quiet terrace.

The shuttle to the city centre was very useful and the Club La Medina bar for La Palmeraie guests' use was a great respite from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.

The pool was nice and there were plenty of sunbeds available the week we were there (off-peak). Staff were very friendly (apart from reception; see below) and really delightful with my 2 and a half year old daughter, which I appreciated very much as I travelled there alone with her.

The kids club was fine though I was disappointed that daytime activities sometimes included watching a DVD. Poorly equipped with toys and books, but plenty of creative activities. My daughter really enjoyed performing in the shows, and riding the ponies. One of the GOs always looked unhappy and I heard her telling the children off, but it was mostly a very nice ambiance. Edna who was in charge of the petit club was very good, as were Sousou, Fabiola and Alida. I'd also note that if you don't put your child in the kids club, there isn't much else for them to do.

My main reservations about the Club were, firstly, an absolutely shambolic reception team. I tried to call reception a number of times but no one answered. Trekking over there to join the inevitable queue, I was treated in an offhand way, sometimes bordering on incompetent. The staff were unable to answer basic questions or got them wrong, and weren't able to help in any practical way. One day, for example, I asked for a late checkout, they confirmed it was possible; the next day I went back to reconfirm the hour of departure and they told me it was impossible. When I protested about the incoherent response, the reception manager rudely tutted and huffed and without any apology said, 'Never mind what my colleague said yesterday, I'm the manager!'

Secondly, and related, was a general lack of information. There were a number of things I only found out by accident or too late to act on (for example that the restaurant opens early for children in the evening; that there were pre-dinner snacks in the bar; that parents could accompany their children to the kids club pool in certain hours). It would have been nice as a first time Club Med visitor to be given fuller information upfront.

The food was OK but nothing to write home about (compared with the praise I'd read on here).

All in all, I wouldn't particularly recommend Club Med based on this experience, and I don't think I would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed for a week at this resort almost 2 years ago, but after a recent trip to a terrible resort in Egypt (non club-med) I thought I should point out how good this resort actually is.

We actually stayed in 2011 and as it was out first package holiday as with out little girl who was just 2 at the time, we had nothing to compare it to.

First of all the best thing about Club Med here is the food. Compared to the rubbish served at non club med holiday locations we have been to, it is amazing.

The variety and standard of the food, considering it's being made for a lot of people is superb.

The attentive waiters bringing you drinks when you sit down for a meal are excellent.

We would come back to this resort again now as our daughter is older and would enjoy the kids activities better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The kids club was FANTASTIC especially the junior club. Hamza that worked in the junior kids club was particularly brilliant! All of the staff were friendly and welcoming. And even though many people spoke French, almost all of the staff adapted to the English speakers. The drinks (especially the mocktails were delicious and the package deal was fantastic. The kids can go off and do their own thing in a safe enjoyable environment whilst the adults enjoy the weather. All in all an EXCELLENT family experience.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went there for a week in April 2013 with my mum and my three children (aged 3, 6 and 8) and we all had an amazing time. The weather was perfect, the hotel is located in a beautiful park, very green and well looked after, with olive and jasmine trees hundreds of years old.
The rooms are good and the restaurant is absolutely delicious.
The sports facilities are excellent, the range of activities is great for all ages, the swimming pool is beautiful too.
But my special mention goes to the KIDS CLUB, which is absolutely outstanding. My 3 year old went to the Petit Club (2-4) and did arts and crafts, horse riding, mini tennis, swimming, dancing... The kids club has its own heated swimming pool. He loved the treasure chest hunt and the clown hunt! My 6 year-old girl did archery, flying trapeze, trampoline, swimming, horse riding, dancing and performed in some very good shows at night - with professional lighting, sound system, choregraphy etc. All free of charge! She made some very good friends and adored her GOs. My 8 year-old did similar activities, plus tennis, football and more. We hardly saw him between 9am - 9pm, he had all his lunches and dinners with the Kids Club, made some good friends too and cried when he left! He loved his independence in a completely safe environment and thoroughly enjoyed the wide range of high-quality activities at their disposal.
All the GOs (=coaches) in the Kids Clubs are outstanding, really fun, energetic, gifted, caring and responsible. Well done Davy, Cedric, Kenza (Kids Club 8-10), Hakim and SouSou (Mini Club 4-7), Imani and Sarah in the Petit Club (2-4). A huge thank you for making the children's stay so unforgettable, we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just got back from a fantastic week at La Palmeraie. Not sure who had the best time the children or us. All the staff worked so hard to make sure everyone had a very happy time. My two joined the mini club for 8-10s and the 11-13 club and we hardly saw them! There were so many activities and they made lots of friends who they were very sad to leave. I was a bit worried before we went that there would not be other English speaking children for my two to make friends with but there were lots.

Whilst the children were at the clubs or hanging out with their new friends we were able to have tennis coaching, use the gym or have a quiet chill at the adult pool (there are lots of other activities too if you want).

The rooms are clean, comfortable but if you are used to five star hotels particularly in the middle east then you will find the bathrooms in particular more basic. However we didn't feel this was an issue as you really do only need them to sleep in and they are very spacious particularly if you go for the interconnecting option.

All in all we would definitely return although we may try another of the Club Meds.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the upper level of the bungalows which we think were preferable. Did try to book th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie? Share your experiences!