“Amazing Kids Club at Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie - unforgettable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie

You added Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie to your Saves list
Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Sidi Yahya la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #210 of 469 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Kids Club at Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie - unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went there for a week in April 2013 with my mum and my three children (aged 3, 6 and 8) and we all had an amazing time. The weather was perfect, the hotel is located in a beautiful park, very green and well looked after, with olive and jasmine trees hundreds of years old.
The rooms are good and the restaurant is absolutely delicious.
The sports facilities are excellent, the range of activities is great for all ages, the swimming pool is beautiful too.
But my special mention goes to the KIDS CLUB, which is absolutely outstanding. My 3 year old went to the Petit Club (2-4) and did arts and crafts, horse riding, mini tennis, swimming, dancing... The kids club has its own heated swimming pool. He loved the treasure chest hunt and the clown hunt! My 6 year-old girl did archery, flying trapeze, trampoline, swimming, horse riding, dancing and performed in some very good shows at night - with professional lighting, sound system, choregraphy etc. All free of charge! She made some very good friends and adored her GOs. My 8 year-old did similar activities, plus tennis, football and more. We hardly saw him between 9am - 9pm, he had all his lunches and dinners with the Kids Club, made some good friends too and cried when he left! He loved his independence in a completely safe environment and thoroughly enjoyed the wide range of high-quality activities at their disposal.
All the GOs (=coaches) in the Kids Clubs are outstanding, really fun, energetic, gifted, caring and responsible. Well done Davy, Cedric, Kenza (Kids Club 8-10), Hakim and SouSou (Mini Club 4-7), Imani and Sarah in the Petit Club (2-4). A huge thank you for making the children's stay so unforgettable, we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just got back from a fantastic week at La Palmeraie. Not sure who had the best time the children or us. All the staff worked so hard to make sure everyone had a very happy time. My two joined the mini club for 8-10s and the 11-13 club and we hardly saw them! There were so many activities and they made lots of friends who they were very sad to leave. I was a bit worried before we went that there would not be other English speaking children for my two to make friends with but there were lots.

Whilst the children were at the clubs or hanging out with their new friends we were able to have tennis coaching, use the gym or have a quiet chill at the adult pool (there are lots of other activities too if you want).

The rooms are clean, comfortable but if you are used to five star hotels particularly in the middle east then you will find the bathrooms in particular more basic. However we didn't feel this was an issue as you really do only need them to sleep in and they are very spacious particularly if you go for the interconnecting option.

All in all we would definitely return although we may try another of the Club Meds.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the upper level of the bungalows which we think were preferable. Did try to book th...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had a great week at La Palmeraie. The kids had a great time and were kept very busy even doing the Harlem Shake organised by the wonderful kids club staff including Davy. Food was up to Club Med's usual standards. Rooms were a bit basic but had everything we needed. Really helpful english-speaking staff, Samuel, Christina and Esther in particular.

Wassenaar, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to ClubMed, hoping for the best. I made a lot of new friends, despite the fact that most of them left early, and we played a lot of sports together. But the main reason for the fun, was all due to the G.O. Hamza. He was the one who encouraged the ones of my age groupe (10-14) to come with us and enjoy the ClubMed to its best. He is very kind, and has a good sence of humour. He always smiles, and laughs at my jokes, even if they're sort of stupid. Instead of following the program of all the activities, he does what we want, letting us have as much fun as possible. I still can't describe all that he has done to make me happy. Thank you Hamza!!!!! (And Salad)

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to Marrakech where we stayed in a rental but decided to splurge and buy a one day "ticket" to have access to all the Club Med amenities.
We did not know it was actually possible but it turns out it is: for 60 euros/adult and 20 euros/kid (+4 years old), we had access to everything in the club (pool, lunch, free drinks, ice-cream, afternoon tea buffet). The kids could also had access to the in-site activities but it was 30° in Marrakech so we all preferred the pool.... or the pools: the kids pool where floaties are free to use for the kids, the adults pool for families and the "zen" pool (not for kids).
We also had clean towels to use.
The club is beautifully located in the Palmeraie, the pools are clean, deckchairs are available and the staff is very helpful.
We really spend a beautiful day with the kids and would definitely splurge now and then if a nice Club Med is nearby (not so often though as it is quite expensive)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have just returned from a week here. It was lovely. I have been to many different club med villages before and this one was one of my favourites.

It's very well set out with the rooms in an area which feels like a Moroccan village. The rooms are pretty basic and not luxurious. Paint peeling etc, but don't be put off, all in all it is excellent value.The rooms were cleaned by the time we got back from breakfast, which was really nice.

The tennis team were friendly and good fun. We played in the intermediate group every day and by the second day they knew our names. By the end of the week we sad to say goodbye.They worked hard make the lessons helpful and challenging.

The food was the usual Club Med standard- fantastic. Fresh grilled prawns, local specialities, interesting salads and great desserts.Wine is freely available by the bottle. There are no queues at the bar and no rowdy behaviour, just a chilled out atmosphere.

The tables in the restaurants were cleaned quickly so we could always get a nice table for our little group.
The Go's were really enthusiastic and helpful.

So much better than any other all inclusive. We will go again next spring.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the first floor have a little patio area where you could relax
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a very disappointing stay at this Club Med. This was our 3rd stay at a Club Med and we had so much to complain about it but let me start with the good things.
1. The rooms were very good , even better that the rooms at the previous 2 Club Med that we have visited in Asia. Although there were some cockroach at the shower, we didnt have any problems with other insects.
2 The food was average but the food was acceptable. Breakfast was the best meal of the day, at the Lunch you got plenty of salads. About the Dinner, I saw a lot of food from the Lunch served again. I understand that is something is still edible, you can serve it again but during our stay the temperature oscillate between 8 and 25 degrees. I dont consider this a good practice, most all with fish and raw food. But is your choice to eat or not. We didnt and thanks good, we didnt have any stomach problems.
3. Kids Club, as always, was outstanding. Club Med knows that this is his strong part of what they offer and the staff, activities and infrastructure of the Kids Club are always very good. Our 3 years old son had a lot fun although he didnt speak any french.
4. Complex is beautiful and keep it in good conditions.

Our Complains
1. Local (Moroccan) staff was not friendly. Most of them ignored you. I met one of the Moroccan G.O.s at the baby corner and he was occupied preparing himself an avocado shake than saying hello to one of the guest.... He saw me but ignore me... nice.
2. Reception, is a disaster. We had problems with every single reservation for playing golf. Information was not given to us in the proper way or completely. Staff at the reception didnt speak and understand english. I thought Club Med is an international Club... or I got this wrong?
3. Hygiene. Cuttlery and glasses are disgusting. You are not sure if they were washed properly or just threw in water ... please bring antibacterial wipes.
4. Speaking English G.O.s Non existing. Very few of them speak english and this is something that bothers me because I speak 4 languages and for Club Med, La Palmeraie was not enough! I understand Morocco is french speaking country, most of the guest are from France but some G.O.s could or didnt want to speak a word in english. Thank good, my husband does speak French and we were able to communicate. I dont have any problems with learning one language more but please... this is ridiculous!
5. Departure. My husband went to check out at 6.50 am and the reception was empty. G.O.s were still sleeping. We are supposed to be 2 hours before the flight ready but our luggage was still in front of the room and the same person who did the check out, was in charge of bringing our luggage to the mini bus. Nobody said "good bye to us". I understand was very early but a small note or letter will be a good idea. After being waiting more than 40 minutes and the reception a local G. O. appeared and he got upset with us because we complained with other guests that we were late to go to the airport. He just left us alone with the mini bus driver... In the other Club med, at least 2 G.Os.were assigned to say good bye and asked to come again. I had the impression, they were just getting rid of us.
6. Money Value. For me, this Club Med was not worth. We might be picky because, we have travelled a lot
around the world and are used to stay in good places but this Club Med didnt fulfill our expectations. We spend almost the same money for staying here as in the others Club Med in Asia and there was very good. We talked once with one of the G.O.s about our previous visits to Club Med and told him we were very satisfied but not with this.. He justified the negative things of this Club, with the fact that in Asia everything is cheaper... Ohh really? So that's means that ignore your guest, poor Hygiene, insects and etc., is because you didnt pay enough. I think Club Med Fans like us, could agree, that a week in Club is not cheap...

Anyway.... to conclude, we will spend our vacation again in Club Med but we will pay more attention to the location. A stay in Club med with children are vacations.
Even in this place, "we" managed to have a good time while our son was at the Le Petit Club.
I will recommend this place for people in countries close to Morocco and speaking french people who wants to enjoy the beautiful landscape of this country and the weather.

Room Tip: If you need a stroller, better you book a room with private garden in the ground floor, otherwise bo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie? Share your experiences!