“A Special Hideaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Red House

Save Saved
You added The Red House to your Saves list
The Red House
5.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Avenue El Yarmouk | Hivernage, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #82 of 1,040 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Scotland
“A Special Hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

A complimentary car was sent to collect me a the airport, from then on my whole experiance was very positive. On arrival that "The Red House" Abdel made me very welcome, offered tea and made the formalities of "checking in" very easy.

My room 301 was spacious, balcony with garden and pool views and a super bathroom with walk-in shower, bath etc.

I had dinner on my second night, taking the Moroccan special menu, the food was well cooked and presented. The service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive.

I have to compliment Abdel (Reception & Front of House Manager) and his team on their excellent hospitality.

I stayed two nights then moved on to Essaouria, I decided to return to "The Red House" for my final two nights in Morocco as it had been such a pleasureable experiance.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Southborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

What a pleasant surprise we had when we pulled up to the Red House guest hose in Marrakech. While others were staying at impersonal hotels, we stayed in this beautiful warm, inviting, guest house. The rooms were huge and beautifully decorated. The staff was absolutely outstanding! A+++
The property was beutiful, and close to the market and the medina. I have travelled all over the world, close to 40 countries. This was one of my favorite properties ever!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

A lovely riad away from the hustle and bustle of the medina but only just outside the walls. A 10-15 minute quiet stroll to and from the medina was welcome at the start and end of the day.
All staff were very attentive and the rooms were great. We stayed in a Royal Suite which was very roomy.
Armstrong

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
tilburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

At first I was reluctant to give this judgement: I plan to come here every year and I would hate to see it already fully booked. On the other hand: I't's in my interest they do good bussines because I don/t want to lose my favourite Marrakech hotel. In a few words: it's luxurous, romantic, great ambience, nice people and I enjoyed the conversations with Rashid on various subjects very much. Great building and rooms, great garden, and perfect location betwee the old and new city. I hope you wil vist this hotel but make sure that you keep one vacant room for Anja and me: end of december and beginning of january.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

The Red House is situated in between the new town and old town approx 15mins walk to either. It is well maintained and splendidly decorated as you would expect. I booked a Royal Suite and hoped to get the one with the terrace but it had already gone so we were left with the one with 2 bathrooms. To be honest we would have preferred to stay in the blue princely room as this one has a small balcony. Our large bathroom was very grim and unwelcoming, maybe it had been done like this on purpose but it reminded us of a Bangok prison so we kept the door closed & used the ensuite. The only other negative point is that the hotel is next to a busy road so when sitting near the pool you will hear some traffic noise, it didn't spoil it for us though but we only sat by the pool one afternoon. Maybe after a week it would become tiresome? The service given by all staff is superb. We were made to feel like Royalty. Many thanks to Abdel, who exceeded in ensuring we had a pleasant stay. We would definitely return to the Red House. (Alison & Paul Grundy)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Red House and its staff really exceed all expectations of a stay. Everything is there: beautiful, luxurious, well equiped suites, super friendly staff, welcome buffet, international newspapers and dvds, excellent restaurant. Unfortunately it was our last day in Marrakech, otherwise we for sure had stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We just spent a few days there and enjoyed our stay. Excellent service and good food.
Our suite was very nice too. The noise in the garden was not too much of a problem.
House cat is great and friendly!
This a is very nice address in Marrakech, located in the Hivernage area, but just next to the old walls of the city. We will be back!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Red House? Share your experiences!