“Relaxing stay in the middle of the Medina” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ryad El Borj to your Saves list
Ryad El Borj
63 Derb Moulay Abdelkader | Derb Dabachi, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #234 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Relaxing stay in the middle of the Medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had an wonderful stay in this lovely Ryad right in the middle of the souks close to el efna. This ryad is arranged with much love to details. The food is outstanding and the service superb! Our expectations were by far exceeded and you can not avoid falling in love with this place and the staff!

Daniel, we will surely come back!

Merci beacoup!

A bien tôt

Yasmin & Dirk

• Stayed May 2012

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Excellent place to stay in the midst of the madness of the Medina.
Very good for my 9 year old son who was given extra youghurt every day for breakfast and generally fussed over. Food gorgeous-lamb tagine wth bananas and lovely plates of hors d'oevres. My son wasn't charged for evening meal and the staff even rushed to the shop to get him some fanta. our wine was at cost price too.
Pool is absolutely freezing so bear this in mind when booking at Easter. Would imagine it would be quite a treat in the heat of summer. I plan to return and book the tower room so we can see the view. We were in the beautiful suite- what an amazing bath with loads of hot water at any time of day!

Room Tip: Tower room for view. Suite for all out luxury. Am sure all rooms were good though.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of February and loved it. Location was perfect – just around the corner from the main square, whilst still managing to be blissfully quiet and the service was exceptional. The staff were able to offer advice on everything from where to have dinner, to which places to avoid and which hotel to stay in on the next leg of our trip. They even gave us their laptop one evening to research and book another hotel!
We had arranged to have dinner at the ryad on our first night as we were arriving about 7pm, but due to a miscommunication this didn’t happen and the staff were so apologetic and went on to cook us a wonderful 3 course meal the following night (with wine!) all for free! I highly recommend eating at the ryad if possible, the food was excellent, traditional Moroccon and they made us feel really special setting up a little table in a private room just for us with a little log fire too. Breakfast on the terrace was also great – lots of food (although the same each day), served very efficiently in a lovely sunny area. We stayed in two different rooms – in the main ryad and in the annexe. Both were standard rooms but plenty big enough for two and clean and decorated in a beautiful traditional Moroccon style. Had a slight issue with sporadic electricity in the annexe but I think that was because the electric heater they supplied (which was rather powerful!) kept blowing the fuse. Every time we told the staff, they fixed the problem straight away and it didn’t spoil our stay one bit. Overall, this ryad was the perfect start to our holiday and I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: The annexe was very quiet and private... we were the only ones there!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

This place was wonderful, we had the suite which was huge; two living rooms, bedroom, dressing room and bathroom with skylit bath. We ate there one night and the food was excellent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Spent four nights in Ryad El Borj in Jan 2012. This place is an oasis of tranquility just a short distance from the medina - the room was great, the staff v helpful and the communal areas are charming.

Having our breakfast each morning on the roof terrace was a highlight!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tauranga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

from the original booking emails to my farewell from the great staff, I could not fault this Ryad. Had 2 nights by myself at the of of a 2 week tour but was made to feel so comfortable, friendly staff, fabulous room on 3rd floor, amazing food and the best location. I ate in both nights, as the first night was so nice and tried after 2 weeks on the go! Gorgeous table set for myself, made to feel special, thanks everyone that made my stay very memorable

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Velden am Worther See, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I decided to splash out and go for the Riad experience in Marrakesh, and this is where I ended up. It is a great place. And don't worry, it isn't that expensive if you aren't on a shoestring. I had one of the smaller rooms on the first floor for the first night, for the other two I got the tower room which I found amazing. It isn't especially large but good sized. The real seller for this room is the private roof terrace with a 360 degree great view over the Medina. Given the location of the house pretty much in the middle of town, this is amazing. Like the whole house the room is nicely decorated with mosaic floors, rugs, and a colourful blanket. On the cupboard were real roses where I stayed. The room (again like the whole house) is impeccably clean. Since I was given the choice of any room I wanted I also saw the suite, which is certainly larger than any flat I have ever lived in and has a big living room with pillows on the floor, a bathtub with a window in the ceiling and a canopy bed. Breakfast is not great, pretty much bread only, but anything else would be the exception in Morocco anyway. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location is about 5 minutes walk from Djeema el Fna (the big central square) and the souks. There are plenty of shops around, and restaurants are not far either. I could use the kitchen and the office, and was allowed to fix my bike in the courtyard. I was impressed by this place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ryad El Borj? Share your experiences!