“Make Marrakech Special!” 5 of 5 stars

97 Derb El Cadi, Azbest | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #122 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
“Make Marrakech Special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Amazing place, beautiful rooms, lovely food, the kind of staff and customer service you can only dream of. Caring great guys, made our stay that little bit more special. Red room is amazing, definitely worth it. Can't say anything bad about this gorgeous place in the heart of Marrakech. Faultless from start to finish. Great airport transfer both ways. WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE ANYWHERE ELSE TO STAY IN MARRAKECH!!??

Room Tip: Red room was amazing, the bath is almost waist deep and plenty of hot water to fill it. What a room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My fiancé and I recently spent a week in marrakech and stayed in this luxurious little oasis. We were upgraded to the beautiful red room as the hotel was quiet (Ramadan) which has a beautiful big tub and authentic Moroccan meets tasteful Western decor throughout. Impeccably cleaned daily and all of the staff were so polite and helpful. The roof top terrace is a little piece of heaven with just two sun loungers and big couches under drapes to shade you from the unforgiving African sun and flowers of every colour bringing it to life. The little courtyard with it's plunge pool is wonderful after a day out shopping or sightseeing on the hot, crowded streets. There's a seating area there too to chill with a glass of wine (yes, the serve alcohol) which was also well used on our trip.

Couldn't recommend more highly.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Exceptionally high quality boutique raid hidden in the middle of the Marrakech medina. I was surprised by the decoration and service this family run raid offers, despite of its very secret location in the busy medina. If you are adventurous and don't mind living in the center of the medina, this is a great choice. The room is very romantic and it is close by many great restaurants and markets. Highly recommended...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

What can we say, having read, and clued up to what I believed we needed from our three days in Marrakech, five minutes with Cyrus the Manager here told me otherwise. Throw away the guidebooks and be prepared to lose yourself and have fun doing so. From best eats, Cyrus advised on incredible restaurants, Tobsil and Le Fondouk, to shopping if you can't face the soukhs, Cyrus and Hassan helped us enormously. Riad Meriem is an oasis of calm in the frenetic crazed pace of the Medina and if you want to just chill and sunbathe the Meriem is perfect for that too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently returned from staying here. The staff couldn't be more welcoming, helping us with our days and restaurants (all great recommendations)
The Riad itself is beautiful and I look forward to my next trip

• Stayed February 2014
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was my 5th visit to Marrakech and without a doubt the best place I have stayed at to date. Riad Meriem is a living fairytale, beautifully furnished and well maintained throughout. The staff went out of their way every day to make sure I was well looked after and made my stay a real pleasure from start to finish. Cyrus, the manager is a larger than life character educated in the UK and full of information and tips. The Riad is so well hidden that I took photos of the route from the main street to help me recognise my way home! I chose to have dinner in the riad every evening as the food was freshly prepared and extremely good value. The central location in the Medina meant that the whole city was only minutes away by foot. I will certainly be returning in the near future.

Room Tip: All the rooms have an individual style and character.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Loughborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for four nights and could not have received any better service! Nothing was too much for the staff and the riad itself is absolutely gorgeous!

We had breakfast brought to us on the terrace every morning and had a lovely traditional meal on our last night.

We stayed in the Aubergine room which is one of the smaller rooms but still very impressive. The room was cleaned every day and as we had a late night return flight we were able to keep our room free of charge on the day of departure.

Cyrus provided us with invaluable tips, hints and itineraries every morning which really helped us make the most of the stay.

The riad itself is beautiful and good value for money but for me it is the fantastic staff and service they provide that sets it apart. I would highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Riad Meriem? Share your experiences!