“The homely haven of Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Origin Hotels Riad Magi

You added Origin Hotels Riad Magi to your Saves list
Origin Hotels Riad Magi
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   79 Derb Moulay Abdul Kader, Derb Dabachi | Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #383 of 1,149 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bristol
“The homely haven of Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

The owners, Maggie and Clay are excellent hosts who made us feel at home very quickly. Both of the maids and the manager could not do enough to help us.

The Riad is a converted family home tucked away near the Medina. The rooms are spacious and airy, individually decorated with Morrocan objets trouve and furnished by local carpenters. Our en suite was cleverly designed to make good use of space and mostly made of local materials. The house is based around a small square courtyard, filled with orange trees which mercifully prevent the heat of the midday sun from reaching ground level. Although the courtyard was usually quiet, noise came easily into the rooms. The rooftop terraces above the Riad get the full benefit of the sun, although there is a shaded area if it gets too hot.

Maggie and Clay give good advice for restaurants and occasionally sent us off with a G&T!

• Liked — Comfy and low key
  • Disliked — Noise coming into our room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple

Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

Absolutely stunning! Perhaps my best holiday ever.

We stayed at the Riad Magi in December 2007 and did a week-long Moroccan cookery course.

It was excellent. Very laid back and very friendly. All of the staff were wonderful, and made us feel very welcome. Our stay was effortless - anything we wanted they sorted, without fuss or hassle. Want a guide for the souk? You got it. Want to go to the mountains? No problem. The Riad is very close to the souk. The rooms are comfortable and very clean.

The riad has a great roof-top terrace, but we spent a lot of our time in the courtyard under the orange trees.

I would go back in a heartbeat. I couldnt find any fault with it - it was perfect.,

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank sexysheff
Skipton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

Loved the rooms, my friends and I stayed here after spending a week in the mountains and it was just the luxury we were looking for.

As it goes I was ill and the staff were very kind to me offering advise on my ailment.

The riad is a little haven from the chaos of Marrakesh and I would highly recommend it.

The only downside was when I came to pay my bill it was 100 dirham more than I had previously been quoted.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank Teejaygee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

I can only say that Riad Magi made our stay in Marrakesh a great experience! The location, the rooms, the staff were all fab. Three friends and I stayed for one week in April 07 and were shown a 1st class service. The staff were so helpful, Magi was great, she gave us great advise on restaurants, bars, tourist spots, a spa etc. Nikki Beach was an acquired taste but great fun!

I would totally recommend it (in fact I have) and would return.

Sarah

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank SBwiseone
flintshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

Me and my son (12) stayed for 4 days and had a wonderful time. Maggie made us feel at home and the staff were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble, we were made to feel like one of the family. Riad Magi has a very relaxed and welcoming feel. I am apt to be extremely critical but can find nothing to criticise about Maggie and her home.

• Liked — clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — step down to bathroom, only due to my leg being injured
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

Just returned from four perfect nights at the Riad Magi. Kind, courteous staff for whom nothing was too much trouble, a beautiful, tranquil place even though just a stone's throw from the Djemaa el-Fna, breakfasts to die for eaten on the roof terrace and, as a result of a tip-off from my husband, a birthday cake with my name written in chocolate and a candle on top was produced on a rose-petal-strewn table. We also ate dinner there one night that was cooked specially for us and was the best meal we've eaten anywhere in Morocco. Highly recommended and can't wait to return.

Stayed January 2007
3 Thank lovetotravelLondon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

I absolutely loved this riad. We struggled to get rooms in the ones recommended by our guide book, and were very happy to get in here for one night. But afterwards we wished we had stayed there for the entire week. The service was very personal and warm and friendly. The room we got was very charming. And I absolutely LOVED the breakfast. Everything was fresh: the yoghurt seemed home made, the croissants were huge, the coffe yummy, lovely pancakes.... If they'd added a bit of fruit I certainly would have gone to heaven.

• Liked — Their breakfast
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple