“Two divine tagine” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 1,041 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Ottawa
“Two divine tagine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was fortunate enough to sample not one but two tagine at Dar Hanane. My first tagine (ever) was the traditional lemon chicken with Moroccan green olives. I had never heard of, much less tried preserved lemons before this meal. It did not disappoint. In fact this tagine became my favourite during my stay and I would go on to sample it at different locations and in different cities. However my first try at Dar Hanane remained the most flavourful.

I also had a beef tagine that had been prepared with nuts, dates and figs. The result was a sweet, rich meal that I will attempt to duplicate at home. Both meals were served with freshly made bread, and wonderful salads. Fruit with cinnamon capped the lunches. These were also so abundant that I found I wasn't hungry for dinner.

Finally the service was friendly, welcoming and warm. I'd happily return for a meal in this lovely place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Beautifully decorated and like-new condition. Spotlessly clean and fresh. The staff were always available to bring us whatever we wanted...even if it meant they had to make a quick run to the market for us. In addition they were friendly and pro-active, making us feel very welcome an cared for.
The food at Dar Hanane was remarkable too. Best in Marrakech (and we went to many restaurants over 12 days).
Will be back for sure!

• Stayed May 2012
MoakesieMoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We did a 3 day mountain trek, so when we arrived bewildered and shattered we were so delighted with this road, it's just amazing. Our room was lovely and the decor throughout was typical Moroccan. The terrace was quiet and the courtyard was cool and quaint. The breakfast was great and came quick wherever you wanted it served. All the staff couldn't do more for you. Mandy was very hospitable and all the staff took great care of us. Aziz was very caring and helpful. Coming back into the medina to find us one night after asking him for directions, I just loved this place and couldnt recommend it enough. Definitely going back.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor and a great rooms, all rooms look great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked the garden room after a great nine day tour with Intrepid Travel. After days of long bus rides, small hotels, Dar Hanane was an incredible way to finish our trip to Morocco. We booked the transport through Mandy (a MUST for your first time in the medina). Aziz greeted us in the Place de Moukef and guided us to our hotel. We were met at the riad by Mandy and some lovely mint tea. The riad is about a 15 minute walk to Djemma El Fna square. You can reach the souks and Place des Espice in about five minutes. If you decide to venture out at night, make sure to head back before the souks close if you are not familiar with the medina. It looks completely different at night. If you do end up lost, the hotel will help you find your way back.

My husband and I also booked a private hamam at the nearby Riad Tzarra and were really pleased with the experience.

Everyone at the hotel was incredibly accommodating and nice. If you are looking for any suggestions or would like to book a tour, Mandy and Aziz will be happy to help you make arrangements. I'm hopeful that I can make it back to Dar Hanane soon for another visit.

Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed for four nights in the huge Suite , beeing well looked after by Mandy and Aziz. Service and food was outstanding , the lovely crew made our stay worth while. The location of the riad is perfect to discover the surroundings of the medina within an authentic environment. Try their cuisine at least once, you would ask for more! Perfect view from the upper roof. Restaurant recommendations nearby a must , just ask Aziz! We will be comming back in october, guess what : to the Dar Hanane !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at Dar Hanane with my two sisters in February 2013. Mandy and her staff were so accommodating, organizing restaurant reservations, transport, hammans, cooking classes etc! The accommodation was really comfortable, with a lovely choice of bedding and high quality bathroom products! The little touches such as having an honour bar, with a great choice of local wines to enjoy on the roof top patio, or next to the fire in one of the living areas were appreciated. Really nice to be right in the medina. Thank you to Aziz, who rescued us a few times when our sense of direction in the medina completely escaped us! His wonderful smile and gentle personality made us feel as if nothing was too much of an effort. Would definitely recommend Dar Hanane. Thanks to Mandy and her staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fantastic riad. The roof terrace was amazing. It had great views and all day sun. The rooms were excellent. Breakfast was delicious. Mandy and Aziz were really helpful. They organised tickets for us, showed us around, and woke up at 4am so we could get to the train. Take the one day drive over to the mountains to the desert - the scenery was superb and the kasbahs were amazing. Great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Dar Hanane? Share your experiences!