“Oasis in the middle of the bustling medina” 5 of 5 stars

You added Dar Hanane to your Saves list
Dar Hanane
9 Derb Lalla Azzouna | Kaat Benahid, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #79 of 1,054 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Oasis in the middle of the bustling medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked the garden room after a great nine day tour with Intrepid Travel. After days of long bus rides, small hotels, Dar Hanane was an incredible way to finish our trip to Morocco. We booked the transport through Mandy (a MUST for your first time in the medina). Aziz greeted us in the Place de Moukef and guided us to our hotel. We were met at the riad by Mandy and some lovely mint tea. The riad is about a 15 minute walk to Djemma El Fna square. You can reach the souks and Place des Espice in about five minutes. If you decide to venture out at night, make sure to head back before the souks close if you are not familiar with the medina. It looks completely different at night. If you do end up lost, the hotel will help you find your way back.

My husband and I also booked a private hamam at the nearby Riad Tzarra and were really pleased with the experience.

Everyone at the hotel was incredibly accommodating and nice. If you are looking for any suggestions or would like to book a tour, Mandy and Aziz will be happy to help you make arrangements. I'm hopeful that I can make it back to Dar Hanane soon for another visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed for four nights in the huge Suite , beeing well looked after by Mandy and Aziz. Service and food was outstanding , the lovely crew made our stay worth while. The location of the riad is perfect to discover the surroundings of the medina within an authentic environment. Try their cuisine at least once, you would ask for more! Perfect view from the upper roof. Restaurant recommendations nearby a must , just ask Aziz! We will be comming back in october, guess what : to the Dar Hanane !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at Dar Hanane with my two sisters in February 2013. Mandy and her staff were so accommodating, organizing restaurant reservations, transport, hammans, cooking classes etc! The accommodation was really comfortable, with a lovely choice of bedding and high quality bathroom products! The little touches such as having an honour bar, with a great choice of local wines to enjoy on the roof top patio, or next to the fire in one of the living areas were appreciated. Really nice to be right in the medina. Thank you to Aziz, who rescued us a few times when our sense of direction in the medina completely escaped us! His wonderful smile and gentle personality made us feel as if nothing was too much of an effort. Would definitely recommend Dar Hanane. Thanks to Mandy and her staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fantastic riad. The roof terrace was amazing. It had great views and all day sun. The rooms were excellent. Breakfast was delicious. Mandy and Aziz were really helpful. They organised tickets for us, showed us around, and woke up at 4am so we could get to the train. Take the one day drive over to the mountains to the desert - the scenery was superb and the kasbahs were amazing. Great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013
Thame UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

A group of us stayed at the Dar Hanane in February 2013 and the entire experience was fantastic from the super friendly greeting from Mandy and her staff to beautiful, fresh prepared breakfasts on the roof terrace over looking the Medina and a superb tagine meal prepared fresh in house.
Advise was freely given and never let us down. The Riad is stunning, a real oasis of tranquility and comfort.
Meeting Aziz was a pleasure, no one could have done more guiding us when ever we asked for help and not sure we would have achieved delivery of the amazing calamari on stall 14 in the square without him.
Well done and thanks to them all, a great trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at Dar Hanane in mid December with two friends and truly enjoyed my stay. Along with the incredible breakfast and along with the roof terrace with the views of the Medina there was the help of the staff to ensure my stay was a great one. I thought the location was perfect for my
excursions into the old city and after I returned to the Riad there was always some mint tea and assistance for anything else I wanted. I highly recommend this Riad. The photo I have uploaded
is of the terrace and my breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
iansilverstein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Thank you to Mandy and her team who were great to have around. I spent 2 nights at Dar Hananne and had a great time. The Riads location is perfect, right amongst all the Medina has to offer and they all made a very hectic and congested city easier to navigate and enjoy.

I stayed in the Grande Suite and it is a lovely room, very stylish, big and provides you with a perfect base.

Mandy who looks after the 4 Riads in the group couldn't do enough and was not only really helpful, she was great to have around. Along with Aziz, who is a local, the kitchen staff and other members of the team you feel like you have instantly made some new friends on arrival.

They also hosted all the guests at one of the other Riads (Dar Amore) on New Years Eve and arranged local dancers, drinks on the roof terrace, local buffet and champagne at midnight. All in all a great night.

I would recommend any of the Pure Riad locations as the perfect way to enjoy Marrakech and I can't praise the team enough. I had a great time and am already planning a shopping trip in a few months. Taking an empty suitcase this time.

Thank you to all at Pure Riads and wishing you a great 2013.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Hanane? Share your experiences!