“Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel

You added Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel to your Saves list
Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tafrata - Palmeraie de Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
03=02
Ranked #14 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Copenhagen
“Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am not the type who likes resorts. I was sure Dar Ayniwen would be luxurious, but there is something about the resort vibe I am not comfortable with so I was apprehensive. But the secluded, lush park with beautiful birds, happy frogs and pet turtles blew me away. The (very few) other guest were pleasant, the food was great, the staff was very attentive and polite and it felt much more like staying at your wealthy cousin's place than a hotel. I am going back, for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Three friends and I travelled to Marrakech to celebrate our 50th birthdays. A colleague had suggested Dar Ayniwen and what a great recommendation that was. We loved the hotel. Great room (Romane Pavilion), beautiful grounds, lovely meals in the evening and wonderful staff. Aziz helped us plan our trips into Marrakech and was a great source of advice, nothing was too much trouble. The drivers who did the airport journeys and took us into the city and back were great and mean that you never have to worry about cabs. We will long remember our leisurely breakfasts, sitting in the sunshine looking out across the pool and gardens and enjoying delicious fresh orange juice, good coffee and delicious pastries. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: We had two beds in the living room of Romane Pavilion, which worked well for our group of 4, particu...

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very friendly and made very welcome, clean, a walk around the ground is very worth while lots to see. Be awear of the small animals walking around and the birds and plants are intresting. The pool is very inviting.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a 5 day break at Dar Ayniwen with friends, this wasn't our first visit and my husbands words on arrival were " I feel so relaxed already" That's the thing about Dar Ayniwen, whilst you are staying in a luxurious property with amazing gardens you instantly feel relaxed and welcome. The staff are attentive but discreet and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are very comfortable and unique in decoration, the bathroom in the Sheherazade Suite is amazing.
I would highly recommend eating at Dar Ayniwen, the BBQ lunch is fabulous and dinner on the terrace overlooking the lantern lit pool not to be missed.
I cannot find fault with anything and we will definitely be returning. Thank you to Stephane, Aziz and all the staff for a truly wonderful stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have just returned from a blissful 5 days at Dar Ayniwen - the most wonderful place on earth!!! A true Marrackchi paradise!!! I have lost count how many times we have stayed at Dar Ayniwen over the past 8 years, it has been many. We return year-on-year, we even held our wedding at Dar Ayniwen, as it is just such a special haven in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. Stephane (the owner), Aziz (the manager) and their team of discreet staff make you feel as if Dar Ayniwen is your own exclusive home. We have stayed in every single suite over the years, this time staying in Tiwaline II (beautiful suite with separate lounge, amazing domed bathroom, beautiful light flooding through the stained glass windows each morning, unique antique furniture and your own private hot tub). Each suite is individual, beautiful décor and furniture, exquisite towels & linen and is kept very clean each day by the very happy team of cleaning ladies. The gardens are maintained to the highest of standards and are beautifully peaceful to wander around to explore the array of flowers & plants, as well as the magnificent aviaries with some of the most unusual and colourful birds you will see in one place. A trip to Dar Ayniwen is not complete without a decadent breakfast of pastries, pancakes, the freshest of orange juice, coffee and eggs to die for! We order our BBQ lunch each morning as this is the highlight of our day, served with healthy salads in the gardens looking out at the beautiful surroundings! You have to dine here in the evening too - dare I say it, but you need to go a long way to find food of the same quality, freshness and variety as is served at Dar Ayniwen! The chef sources all produce fresh each day and this certainly is evident. Try the lamb shoulder for two and wash it down with a bottle of Medaillon rouge! Dining in the garden when the weather permits or in "La Tente" should it rain, either option will be magnificent and memorable. What you will find during your stay at Dar Ayniwen is that nothing is too much trouble and the attention to detail is fabulous: a driver to anywhere in the city is included in your stay, wooden Fatima's hands indicate to the boys when you would like to order a drink by the pool, the finish on the towels, the soaps smell incredible, all amounting to the feeling of quality & paradise. One final comment is on the spa and hammam, last but certainly not least, the massages given by Hadija are pure bliss, allowing you to drift away in a candle lit space with morrocan music playing softly in the background. Stephane, Aziz & the team at Dar Ayniwen - we hate to leave, but we have to leave to come back again! See you in September & keep up your amazing work!!

Room Tip: All of them!! Romane Pavillon is probably our favourite at a push
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in early April, the highlight of our 10 day trip to Morocco. Superb small and exclusive hotel - beautifully furnished and comfortable rooms, excellent food and faultless service. A very special place, enjoyed by our 12 and 13 year old children as well, who really appreciated the heated swimming pool and the ease with which we were able to pop into the city centre via the courtesy shuttle. Thank you Stephane, Aziz and team for a wonderful stay ... we'll be back!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Having stayed here as part of a party, the experience was fantastic due to the joviality of the crowd. I think that the experience would not have been so good if it was a couple only! The furniture and décor is without doubt very expensive and antique (maybe not to everyone's liking?) and doesn't give the impression of being luxurious, but in saying that the facilities were superb, if understated.
Unfortunately, our room had a bad sewage smell, as did our neighbours room. We were on the ground floor. Apparently those on the first floor had no such problem.
The locality in which the hotel is situated can not be described as affluent, but that may be me being a bit aloof and snooty. The neighbourhood wasn't clean and tidy - but that may be Marrakech and Morocco in general, as the hotel was apparently chosen for us to "have a true feel of Morocco"
The staff were warm and welcoming and there was a good selection of food.
On a down side, about half of the party of 26 had quite a severe stomach bug, but this could have been contracted anywhere in a number of placed that we visited.

Room Tip: Don't have a ground floor room unless you like the smell of sewage!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
darayniwen, Owner at Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Ewr,

Are you sure your comment is about a stay at Dar Ayniwen ? Did you really stay here. If yes ! use the Tripadvisor link we send to all of our guests next time, like this we all will be able to consider the genuiness of the comment and its full value.
Fisrt of all, we did not have any party of this size (I have looked that from september 2013), only a wedding, where attended 140 guests. Thank God no one was sick, please for the readers do remember that I do live on the property and eat not only from the same kitchen as you do but the same products as well. When people are sick in Marrakech it is often from uncooked salads, drinks or ice cubes you are getting from non mineral/filtered water… etc. And also, when 13 people are sick among 26 this is a bad case of food poisoning, I should have had a major meeting with the organizer of that party, or may be getting sick myself ? Don’ t you think ? If this had been the case, believe me I would have had way more than one comment about it, and I would not have dared answer your comment this way.
Just for information, we do not organise events during November as it is the begining of winter in Marrakech and the temperature may be low.

Regarding the bad sewage smell, which happen to every hotel at some point of use, I have redone the plumbing at Dar Ayniwen five years ago. When we had to solve this problem I documented myself and found great products to treat that issue. They have made miracles and for now my suites are closer to an orange blossom smell than a sewer like. Once again, as I am here all the time this kind of thing can’t stay untreated.
I would go crazy with it.

I actually did not here about a smell issue for a very long time now. However, For the rest, decoration, surroundings… I rather let all the previous positive comments speak for themselves.

Been to Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!