“A very relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel to your Saves list
Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tafrata - Palmeraie de Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
03=02
Ranked #8 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Santa Ursula, Spain
“A very relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have just come back from a very relaxing stay at the Dar Ayniwen Villa hotel.

Nothing is too much trouble for the kind owner Stephane and his excellent Manager, Aziz and the rest of the very helpful staff at Dar Ayniwen. Prior to our visit my emails were promptly and efficiently answered. My husband was travelling separately from my daughter and I and the hotel had no hesitation in sending the chauffer to collect us separately on the same day. Also during our stay we were provided with a complimentary car and a very amicable driver who took and collected us from wherever we wanted in the city. Aziz will prepare an itenary for you so that you take in all the right monuments. He is very well informed and speaks excellent English and I really enjoyed my chats with him.

Our suite, the Galaxy, was luxuriously furnished with a large and well appointed bathroom. The hotel garden is simply beautiful and Stephane gave us a really informative tour explaning the trees and their origins as well as where the birds in his aviary originate from. I recommend you do this tour. The swimming pool is of a good size and the water was always at the right temperature.

The food at the hotel is of a very high standard. Breakfast was served whenever we wanted and included freshly squeezed orange juice, home made yoghurts, boiled eggs, Moroccan pancakes, croissants, bread, honey, jams, etc. as well as optional choice from the menu. We had dinner on a couple of occasions (would have had more but we also wanted to try out other restaurants in Marrakech) and thoroughly enjoyed these sitting by the pool in the twilight listening to the birds chirping away! In fact, my husband had a personal cooking lesson and mad my fish tagine which was simply divine. By the way, the dinner may appear expensive by Moroccan standards but given the quality and quantity of the food it is worth every penny.

All 3 of us had body massages which we found very relaxing. Definitely worth doing.

Overall a very relaxing experience and because of the excellent car service you can enjoy both the hustle and bustle of the city (without having to haggle with taxi drivers) as well as the tranquillity of the hotel. In our case my daughter and I went off shopping leaving my husband by the pool!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I usually don't write reviews here, but we just got back from our vacation and stayed here again.

We have stayed at this location 3 times in the past 4 years - I heard about this place when I met the original owner (father of the current owner) while travelling about 10 years ago, but never got the chance to stay there until 2009. We have stayed in other places in Morocco for work and vacation, so we do have some other experiences to compare this to.

The house is a beautiful traditional Moroccan design, the location is in a very nice area and (thankfully) a bit outside the noisy downtown area, and the service is excellent. By Western standards, this place is really great. By Moroccan standards, it's off the charts.

One of our favorite things is the breakfast by the pool / garden area. The grounds are very nice and well-kept. There are fountains, birds, trees, and lots of other nature stuff that the wife loves. I like the peace and quiet. There's satellite TV and lots of places to read and relax, and the wi-fi is pretty good (especially by local standards). There's a free shuttle to/from the airport, and to all of the usual touristy spots.

Price--wise, this place is a good deal. The rates are comparable to the other riads in the Marrakech area - but this place is far nicer, our rate always includes breakfast, and there's a free shuttle service. So to me, it's better for my wallet. If you compare this to the name-brand places, it's much better value (less expensive).

By the way, the staff is really knowledgeable about the local sights and attractions - we have always gotten good recommendations about what to do and what to see in Marrakech and other parts of the country. And they give you good, solid (honest) advice, as I found out several times.

This place is not Club Med. If you want a recreation direction and planned activities, this is not the place for you. And if you want to stay with the noise and the action, it's also not for you. But if you want peace and quiet and no hassles without spending a fortune, this is the place.

Room Tip: No idea - we stayed in a different room each time, and they were all different, but each one was ver...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Borough London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Dar Ayniwen hotel with my wife and six year daughter and had an amazing time.
We were met from the airport by one of the hotel drivers and were quickly taken to the hotel which was about 5km from the Medina. The hotel provided us with a complimentary driver to take us to and from the Medina as many times as we wanted.
The hotel is located in a stunning sub-tropical garden with a wonderful selection of palm trees, olive trees, fig trees and pomegranate trees and good sized swimming pool.
Our villa was located about 50 metres from the main hotel and was very luxurious. We even had our own hot tub in the garden.
The service was impeccable with the staff always happy to make our stay more enjoyable. The owner Stephane was extremely charming and showed us his amazing collection of beautiful birds in the hotel garden. In addition to this he organised for a camel ride for myself, my wife and daughter which included the camels coming to pick us up outside the hotel which great fun.
The food in the hotel was also of top quality. The breakfasts were great including home made yoghurt and a delicious selection of pastries. We dined at the hotel on three occasions and enjoyed some very well executed Moroccan delicacies especially the beef shin tajine that I had been tought to make by the chef.
In summary this is a great establishment and is possibly the most tranquil and relaxing 5 star hotels I have ever had the pleasure to visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my first time at the hotel and WOW was it memorable! The hotel looks like a gigantic palace--the rooms are all so spacious and luxurious, everything is clean, and everyone on the staff was so helpful and friendly, especially the owner Stephane. There's a personal chauffeur who can drive you anywhere in the city and pick you up within minutes. Marrakech is not an easy city to navigate on your own so this was a huge help. Also, definitely take advantage of the masseuse. Yeah that's right--there's a masseuse! I got a massage the day I arrived and it was so relaxing after a long plane ride. The best part was the chef, Simo. OH MY GOD the chef! You're going to want to eat at Dar Ayniwen every day because it's just unbelievably delicious! I wish I could go back today.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our first trip to Marrakech, we chose Dar Ayniwen because of the great reviews on trip advisor. As we were celebrating a birthday we treated ourselves to a suite, it was the right decision everything about our room and our stay was truly first rate. We had a fabulous breakfast on the private terrace each morning and sampled the extensive menu for dinner each night, the food was amazing .. Although It was Ramadan whilst we were at the hotel it made absolutely no difference to the service and attentiveness of the truly amazing staff.
Thank you all for a very memorable holiday..we will be back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay in a suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was our second time at Dar Ayniwen. We were treated like royalty. The hotel arranged for a driver to pick us up upon our arrival at the Marrakech airport. Upon our arrival at the hotel we were personally welcomed by Stephane, the owner no less!!! The setting is idyllic. The hotel is in the middle of the Palmeraie of Marrakech. The gardens and grounds are impeccable. Our suite was luxurious. I mean 5 star luxury. Rose petals were spread on the bed in welcome. The bed was so comfortable! Even our kid's room was amazing with a private balcony.
Complimentary breakfast served by the pool was delicious. They serve home made yogurts, croissants, toast and moroccan delicacies. The housekeeping staff cleaned our room while we were eating breakfast. We didn't even know they were there!
The chef prepared the most amazing moroccan meals: couscous, tangine, grilled meats, seafood. He made this delicious lemon tart that was better than anything I have ever tasted. He even gave my wife a cooking lesson.
Transportation, a guide, and even a camel ride at the gait of the hotel was arranged for us. I asked to be brought to the city at sunrise to take photographs and even this was made possible by the great staff of Dar Ayniwen.
This is the place to stay if you are a first time or repeat visitor to Marrakech. We are already planning our next visit.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want and they will make it happen. There are separate villas that are perfec...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I have recently returned from our stay at the Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel. We were celebrating my birthday and our 1st wedding anniversary. With our children happily staying with their grandparents we were looking forward to a few days of relaxation and luxury and after reading the excellent reviews of this hotel we decided to book it.
Well where do we start? Picked up promptly at the airport and whisked off to the hotel where we were greeted personally by the owner Stephane and given a tour around the grounds which are amazing. After leaving the hustle and bustle of the city it was like entering an oasis of calm. The grounds were beautifully kept with the sound of birdsong in the air. We were upgraded to the Tiwaline 2 suite which was absolutely stunning. Beautiful morrocan decor, rose petals scattered around, private terrace on which we ate our breakfast daily, private hot tub.STUNNING!!!! The service was so personal nothing was too much trouble. Our first evening we ate in the hotel sitting by the lovely pool in total tranquility just enjoying our surroundings. The food was excellent. We ate breakfast/lunch here and all the meals were freshly prepared and delicious. Whenever we ventured into town the hotel car was on hand to take us/pick us up which we felt was a great perk. The staff here are so polite, friendly, helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. If you want recommendations of where to visit/restaurants to eat at..anything you need the staff are only too happy to help. We really can't praise this hotel enough. If you want a luxurious break away from the hustle and bustle this is the place for you. AMAZING, WONDERFUL, STUNNING SUITES, luxurious grounds/pool, EXCELLENT food. I could go on and on.......one of the best hotels we've stayed in. Felt more like a home than a hotel.

Room Tip: If your budget allows upgrade to the Tiwaline 2 suite with the private hot tub. So amazing to have b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!