“one of the most romantic holidays we have ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel to your Saves list
Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tafrata - Palmeraie de Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
03=02
Ranked #9 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“one of the most romantic holidays we have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was one of my first holidays to africa, and I have to say one of the nest we have ever had. The house is beautiful, with 5 star luxury. On our arrival we were informed that we had been upgraded for free to the collonade suite, a beautiful suite with moorish influences. The room was excellent. Breakfast was whenever and wherever you wanted it-by the pool or in your suite. The drivers took you to and from the city whenever you wanted to go, and this was all included. The restaurant food in the hotel was quite pricey, but tasted amazing and was worth it. Aziz, one of the managers could not do enough for you, and was so helpful and considerate.
The service was so personal and friendly-they made you feel very special.

We will defnitley be coming back for another holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The service was so personal, we felt very much at home during our stay at the Riad. We'd love to go back there! One of our best holidays where we were pampered and we'd love to re-visit when we need to chill out and do nothing. The food was so good that we didn't get tired repeating some menus.

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were very excited to be invited to a wedding in the Palmerie area at the end of June.
After reading many reports from other travellers on Dar Ayniwen I decided to book for 3 nights and we were certainly not disappointed.

Dar Ayniwen is such a beautiful, idyllic place. The house itself and the rooms are amazing and the grounds peaceful and beautiful. On arrival we were greeted by Aziz, the Hotel Manager and he was always available if we needed any advice. He arranged for us to be taken to the wedding venue. The free shuttle bus is great.

Stefan the owner was always walking around the grounds checking that everything was running smoothly. He very kindly took us on a tour of his spectacular birds. As bird-lovers we enjoyed hearing their song and also the frogs at night were pretty amazing. Also enjoyed seeing the many wild tortoises on the property.

The food was excellent and as others have said previously has a good mix of Moroccan and Western, although we favoured the Moroccan. Even went to watch a cookery class in the spotlessly-clean kitchen. The staff were also excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them.
I had a lovely massage during my stay which I would certainly recommend.
I forgot to mention I loved the flower arrangements on every table and everywhere you looked there were vases of roses - a very special touch and much appreciated.

So a big thank you for giving us so many beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to stay in the magnificent Galaxy Suite (we booked the Mucha and Aziz very kind...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We w
ill always return to Dar Ayniwen when visiting Marrakech, it is a true home from home yet the staff and ambience also make you feel just that little bit special. We wake up to the birds and are lulled to sleep by frog song. Before travelling we feel reassured that all our needs will be catered for and they are. It is well worth listening to their recommendations on restaurants and visits etc, it will enhance your experience of this fascinating city.

• Stayed April 2013
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've travelled an awful lot in my time and this has to be one of the most relaxing, beautiful, chilled out & luxurious places you could stay. Both Stefan and Aziz could not have been more charming and helpful, and their relaxed advice on where to go and what to see was spot on, but made so easy with their driver taking us when & where we wanted to go, all of which was part of the package. The menu at the Dar Ayniwen has a good mix of Morrocan & Western, but the Morrocan is by far the best. It is worth every penny & we will be back!

Room Tip: The Galaxy Suite is superb, being large with two verandahs, large sitting room & a beautiful, hu...
Potenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Being a travel agent, amongst other jobs I do, it took me weeks to decide which hotel to stay in during my deserved holiday to Marrakech. At the end of the day I opted for Dar Ayniwen and thank God I did so. I can brag of having extensively travelled and you will have to trust me if I say that this ''Heaven'' is the best accommodation I have ever stayed in, considering how fuzzy I am regarding where I sleep.
The services are more than perfect, around 45 staff serving 16 clients when the house is full: free airport transfers, free transfers to the city centre in private limos. Nature, nature and nature. I almost stepped on a turtle during one of my wanderings around ''heaven''. The pictures of different species of birds I took are colourful mosaics of my memory. Aziz (the hotel manager) is an icon in the hotel and Stephan (the hospitality sensitive owner) is just so lucky and smart to have all that crew-staff working for him. They appear from nowhere, just and only when you need them. And you do not need to tell them what you want for they will surprise you by reading your mind and anticipating your desire. You do not have to plan your stay because they will do that for you by asking you during your breakfast what your plans are for the day and even if you have done your homework on what you would like to see they will still surprise you with their useful suggestions.
When I was told by Aziz before my arrival that there isn't a gym in the premises I was skeptical, but when I got there I realise that you do not need a gym when you have more than 5 acres of well cured garden to work out in. And the sauna and the hamam....I can keep on and on but I would rather leave the rest for you to discover...Including Madame Chantal's ''French woman's touch''.
When I ''complained'' with Aziz, who has become a sort of brother to me during the 6day-stay, about the website which doesn't totally depict the hotel, his answer was: ''What sort of surprise would it be if we gave everything away on the website?'' So I am going to do the same....No more talk....Just go and if you are not happy about the place I will refund you double your bill personally...... (a calculated bet with absolutely no risk!) Enjoy.
Larry Ade
Magic Trips Italy

North Shields, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and myself spent a long weekend at this most beautiful accommodation, from entering the large wooden gate into the grounds of the most beautiful house and gardens our stay was absolute heaven. Aziz greeted us with a warm welcome and mint tea, after a brief history of the house, he showed us to the most gorgeous room with en suite bathroom which was magnificent in itself, from then on things got better and better. The staff, the food, the service, the atmosphere was perfect. I can recommend the hammam and massage, invigorating, then relaxing.. I could go on and on but it's nice to discover just how perfect things are throughout your stay. I am extremely envious of anybody about to vist this little piece of heaven on earth!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!