“It was one of our best holidays.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel

You added Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel to your Saves list
Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tafrata - Palmeraie de Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SUMMER DEAL
Ranked #11 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
“It was one of our best holidays.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The service was so personal, we felt very much at home during our stay at the Riad. We'd love to go back there! One of our best holidays where we were pampered and we'd love to re-visit when we need to chill out and do nothing. The food was so good that we didn't get tired repeating some menus.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were very excited to be invited to a wedding in the Palmerie area at the end of June.
After reading many reports from other travellers on Dar Ayniwen I decided to book for 3 nights and we were certainly not disappointed.

Dar Ayniwen is such a beautiful, idyllic place. The house itself and the rooms are amazing and the grounds peaceful and beautiful. On arrival we were greeted by Aziz, the Hotel Manager and he was always available if we needed any advice. He arranged for us to be taken to the wedding venue. The free shuttle bus is great.

Stefan the owner was always walking around the grounds checking that everything was running smoothly. He very kindly took us on a tour of his spectacular birds. As bird-lovers we enjoyed hearing their song and also the frogs at night were pretty amazing. Also enjoyed seeing the many wild tortoises on the property.

The food was excellent and as others have said previously has a good mix of Moroccan and Western, although we favoured the Moroccan. Even went to watch a cookery class in the spotlessly-clean kitchen. The staff were also excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them.
I had a lovely massage during my stay which I would certainly recommend.
I forgot to mention I loved the flower arrangements on every table and everywhere you looked there were vases of roses - a very special touch and much appreciated.

So a big thank you for giving us so many beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to stay in the magnificent Galaxy Suite (we booked the Mucha and Aziz very kind...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We w
ill always return to Dar Ayniwen when visiting Marrakech, it is a true home from home yet the staff and ambience also make you feel just that little bit special. We wake up to the birds and are lulled to sleep by frog song. Before travelling we feel reassured that all our needs will be catered for and they are. It is well worth listening to their recommendations on restaurants and visits etc, it will enhance your experience of this fascinating city.

• Stayed April 2013
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've travelled an awful lot in my time and this has to be one of the most relaxing, beautiful, chilled out & luxurious places you could stay. Both Stefan and Aziz could not have been more charming and helpful, and their relaxed advice on where to go and what to see was spot on, but made so easy with their driver taking us when & where we wanted to go, all of which was part of the package. The menu at the Dar Ayniwen has a good mix of Morrocan & Western, but the Morrocan is by far the best. It is worth every penny & we will be back!

Room Tip: The Galaxy Suite is superb, being large with two verandahs, large sitting room & a beautiful, hu...
Potenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Being a travel agent, amongst other jobs I do, it took me weeks to decide which hotel to stay in during my deserved holiday to Marrakech. At the end of the day I opted for Dar Ayniwen and thank God I did so. I can brag of having extensively travelled and you will have to trust me if I say that this ''Heaven'' is the best accommodation I have ever stayed in, considering how fuzzy I am regarding where I sleep.
The services are more than perfect, around 45 staff serving 16 clients when the house is full: free airport transfers, free transfers to the city centre in private limos. Nature, nature and nature. I almost stepped on a turtle during one of my wanderings around ''heaven''. The pictures of different species of birds I took are colourful mosaics of my memory. Aziz (the hotel manager) is an icon in the hotel and Stephan (the hospitality sensitive owner) is just so lucky and smart to have all that crew-staff working for him. They appear from nowhere, just and only when you need them. And you do not need to tell them what you want for they will surprise you by reading your mind and anticipating your desire. You do not have to plan your stay because they will do that for you by asking you during your breakfast what your plans are for the day and even if you have done your homework on what you would like to see they will still surprise you with their useful suggestions.
When I was told by Aziz before my arrival that there isn't a gym in the premises I was skeptical, but when I got there I realise that you do not need a gym when you have more than 5 acres of well cured garden to work out in. And the sauna and the hamam....I can keep on and on but I would rather leave the rest for you to discover...Including Madame Chantal's ''French woman's touch''.
When I ''complained'' with Aziz, who has become a sort of brother to me during the 6day-stay, about the website which doesn't totally depict the hotel, his answer was: ''What sort of surprise would it be if we gave everything away on the website?'' So I am going to do the same....No more talk....Just go and if you are not happy about the place I will refund you double your bill personally...... (a calculated bet with absolutely no risk!) Enjoy.
Larry Ade
Magic Trips Italy

North Shields, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and myself spent a long weekend at this most beautiful accommodation, from entering the large wooden gate into the grounds of the most beautiful house and gardens our stay was absolute heaven. Aziz greeted us with a warm welcome and mint tea, after a brief history of the house, he showed us to the most gorgeous room with en suite bathroom which was magnificent in itself, from then on things got better and better. The staff, the food, the service, the atmosphere was perfect. I can recommend the hammam and massage, invigorating, then relaxing.. I could go on and on but it's nice to discover just how perfect things are throughout your stay. I am extremely envious of anybody about to vist this little piece of heaven on earth!!!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner & I have just returned from this wonderful retreat a short drive from the hustle & bustle that is the medina.
From the moment we arrived after an early flight into Morocco & free shuttle, we were greeted manager Aziz who was so personable & passionate about Dar Ayniwen, that straight away we knew we were in a special place.
We were shown our room and other rooms available if we so choose to upgrade. The quality & authentic feel of the rooms was something that we were impressed with.
The pool and surrounding 5 acres of garden were spectacular. Full of wildlife & aviaries.
Birdsong & frog chorus, the soundtrack of our stay.
Food was excellent, fresh ingredients and cooked to our style and served whenever we were ready to eat! This was due to the very conscientious staff who were always polite and willing to assist. They all appeared smartly dressed and understood english and enquired as to what our plans were and if we needed the complimentary taxi to take us into the medina.
Toufik (unsure as to the spelling) and the young gentlemen waiters (whose names I unfortunately don't know) were second to none. They made our stay very relaxing. When I quite fancied a pot of English tea, within minutes it was served next to our poolside loungers. What more could you ask for? I was pleasantly surprised on my birthday with a lovely cake and glasses of wine upon the return to our room.
Stephane the owner introduced himself and this made us feel most welcome.
Fresh flowers awaited us in our room and around the villa, lovingly arranged by a delightful French lady who had a keen eye for detail and ensured the gardens looked their best.
The complimentary taxi shuttle driven by Kamil was a real bonus. He got us to the Medina and back in comfort & safety. Be prepared for an entertaining journey into town - safe but unlike UK roads at all.
Having the taxi saved us the hassle of hailing a cab or paying over the odds for one of the local cabbies.
Aziz gave us maps of the medina and pointed out places for us to eat at and visit.
If you want a few days to escape then this is just the place for you
We will definately be returning to Dar Ayniwen

Room Tip: Consider the upgrade, you wont be dissappointed! Go say hello to the birds and frogs and turtles
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!