“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel to your Saves list
Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tafrata - Palmeraie de Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
03=02
Ranked #10 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Potenza, Italy
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Being a travel agent, amongst other jobs I do, it took me weeks to decide which hotel to stay in during my deserved holiday to Marrakech. At the end of the day I opted for Dar Ayniwen and thank God I did so. I can brag of having extensively travelled and you will have to trust me if I say that this ''Heaven'' is the best accommodation I have ever stayed in, considering how fuzzy I am regarding where I sleep.
The services are more than perfect, around 45 staff serving 16 clients when the house is full: free airport transfers, free transfers to the city centre in private limos. Nature, nature and nature. I almost stepped on a turtle during one of my wanderings around ''heaven''. The pictures of different species of birds I took are colourful mosaics of my memory. Aziz (the hotel manager) is an icon in the hotel and Stephan (the hospitality sensitive owner) is just so lucky and smart to have all that crew-staff working for him. They appear from nowhere, just and only when you need them. And you do not need to tell them what you want for they will surprise you by reading your mind and anticipating your desire. You do not have to plan your stay because they will do that for you by asking you during your breakfast what your plans are for the day and even if you have done your homework on what you would like to see they will still surprise you with their useful suggestions.
When I was told by Aziz before my arrival that there isn't a gym in the premises I was skeptical, but when I got there I realise that you do not need a gym when you have more than 5 acres of well cured garden to work out in. And the sauna and the hamam....I can keep on and on but I would rather leave the rest for you to discover...Including Madame Chantal's ''French woman's touch''.
When I ''complained'' with Aziz, who has become a sort of brother to me during the 6day-stay, about the website which doesn't totally depict the hotel, his answer was: ''What sort of surprise would it be if we gave everything away on the website?'' So I am going to do the same....No more talk....Just go and if you are not happy about the place I will refund you double your bill personally...... (a calculated bet with absolutely no risk!) Enjoy.
Larry Ade
Magic Trips Italy

580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
North Shields, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and myself spent a long weekend at this most beautiful accommodation, from entering the large wooden gate into the grounds of the most beautiful house and gardens our stay was absolute heaven. Aziz greeted us with a warm welcome and mint tea, after a brief history of the house, he showed us to the most gorgeous room with en suite bathroom which was magnificent in itself, from then on things got better and better. The staff, the food, the service, the atmosphere was perfect. I can recommend the hammam and massage, invigorating, then relaxing.. I could go on and on but it's nice to discover just how perfect things are throughout your stay. I am extremely envious of anybody about to vist this little piece of heaven on earth!!!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner & I have just returned from this wonderful retreat a short drive from the hustle & bustle that is the medina.
From the moment we arrived after an early flight into Morocco & free shuttle, we were greeted manager Aziz who was so personable & passionate about Dar Ayniwen, that straight away we knew we were in a special place.
We were shown our room and other rooms available if we so choose to upgrade. The quality & authentic feel of the rooms was something that we were impressed with.
The pool and surrounding 5 acres of garden were spectacular. Full of wildlife & aviaries.
Birdsong & frog chorus, the soundtrack of our stay.
Food was excellent, fresh ingredients and cooked to our style and served whenever we were ready to eat! This was due to the very conscientious staff who were always polite and willing to assist. They all appeared smartly dressed and understood english and enquired as to what our plans were and if we needed the complimentary taxi to take us into the medina.
Toufik (unsure as to the spelling) and the young gentlemen waiters (whose names I unfortunately don't know) were second to none. They made our stay very relaxing. When I quite fancied a pot of English tea, within minutes it was served next to our poolside loungers. What more could you ask for? I was pleasantly surprised on my birthday with a lovely cake and glasses of wine upon the return to our room.
Stephane the owner introduced himself and this made us feel most welcome.
Fresh flowers awaited us in our room and around the villa, lovingly arranged by a delightful French lady who had a keen eye for detail and ensured the gardens looked their best.
The complimentary taxi shuttle driven by Kamil was a real bonus. He got us to the Medina and back in comfort & safety. Be prepared for an entertaining journey into town - safe but unlike UK roads at all.
Having the taxi saved us the hassle of hailing a cab or paying over the odds for one of the local cabbies.
Aziz gave us maps of the medina and pointed out places for us to eat at and visit.
If you want a few days to escape then this is just the place for you
We will definately be returning to Dar Ayniwen

Room Tip: Consider the upgrade, you wont be dissappointed! Go say hello to the birds and frogs and turtles
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We found Dar Ayniwen on Tripadvisor and can endorse all of the positive comments. It really is a beautiful property - both inside and out. The service is faultless and remarkably personal. From the complimentary car services, the room upgrade, to the lack of charge for the childrens meals (same food and portions as the adults !) everything left us with the feeling that we were very valued. The furniture and fittings in our Suite (Rotunda) were beautiful and individualistic. The birds and plants gave a wondefully relaxed feel to the gardens. The pool is lovely and kept at a refreshing temperature. We really enjoyed the food as well. All in all this was a perfect place to start our short break in Morrocco and we would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Burwash, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights at the Dar Ayniwen Hotel, Marrakesh with my two children recently. The villa is very grand and our suite, the Colonnade Suite was full of character. Beforehand, I had asked for twin beds instead of a double in the bedroom and this was no problem for them to change. I was struck by the beauty of the mature garden and the beautiful birds the owner keeps here. Food was of a high standard at the hotel. We even had a cookery demonstration one day, learning how to make a tagine! I indulged in several beauty treatments - the massage was excellent. The shuttle service in and out of town works very well and we used it most days. It is very nice to come back from the Medina to the peacefulness of Dar Ayniwen. Thank you for a most relaxing stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My mother and I just went on a holiday to Marrakech for 5 days and had the most amazing time. And what really made it was Dar Ayniwen and it's staff!! We were blown away. Only a 10-15 minute car ride away from the centre of Marrakech, which I have to add is complimentary, it is the perfect location. The centre although being wonderful and full of life can also become a bit hectic at times so to come back to Dar Ayniwen in the evenings was heavenly. It feels more like a home rather than a hotel. It is located in the Palmerie which is absolutely breathtaking and peaceful, palm trees everywhere you look! Our room was fabulous, great size, very comfortable and clean. We had the Sheherazade suite which we would definitely recommend, with a huge bathroom and doors right onto the garden and pool! But still with enough privacy. We had our room cleaned every day of our stay. The hotel's gardens are also beautiful, full of chirping birds and wildlife like turtles and frogs! And the pool is just the right size.The staff are absolutely amazing, they were so unbelievably helpful and kind I dont think I have been anywhere where the staff are so great. Even when I asked if it was possible to go camel riding in the area, the manager Aziz arranged for a camel and her keeper to pick me up from the front door, no problem at all he said, that was an amazing experience!The food is tasty, Moroccan specialities and affordable and will be ready for you whatever time you ask for it to be ready, however we did find the food in the medina to be a bit more authentic and price friendly. Khadija the masseuse is brilliant, the reflexology by the pool was a winner! What else can we say? It was absolutely amazing and we will definitely be going back!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Dar Ayniwen in February and could not imagine a more wonderful stay: beautiful grounds and room, wonderful staff, perfect pool, excellent (though not spectacular) food, etc. etc. As others have said, it feels not like a hotel but a private estate to which you and a few select other guests have been invited, with a full staff at hand to meet one's needs. And with the private shuttle, things could not be more convenient: you are whisked into town as desired and picked up in a convenient spot precisely as is handy (not to mention being greeted at the airport on arrival). For us, with two kids in tow, this made all the difference: we could enjoy the Dar Ayniwen's lush, animal-filled grounds (and pool, perfectly heated in mid-Feb.) for half the day, and then explore Marrakesh for the rest, with a pre-arranged pick-up ready to take us home (and it really felt like home!) when needed. Perfect, really perfect--and Aziz, the manager, is a great help and host. We are already planning our return.

Lest this review be all positive, one spot for improvement: coffee in the mornings was on the weak side, and the option of an espresso would be wonderful!

Room Tip: The Romane Pavilion is large and gorgeous, both private (with secluded garden and jacuzzi) and conve...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!